Pre-2000's Anime

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Cherri

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:14 am

I would also watch the guys dressing as maids.

I've only seen a couple of episode for Rayearth but I did like it. Also watched some Inuyasha and a movie for Slayers. I remember one time Snow and I stayed up all night and watched all of the X/1999 anime.
;o; *** pew! pew!

Juhi

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:35 am

Many of the series I like are from the pre-2000 "era". When I was younger, I was practically hooked on Sailormoon, Dragon Ball (Z), and Speed Racer. Some shows that I still like include Slayers, Rayearth, Cardcaptor Sakura, and select Gundam series (the original, 8th MS Team, 0080, even Wing haha).

I would say I am biased towards pre-2000 anime series. I won't say there were all amazing, but I can recall more shows that I liked from that time. Also, I think series from this time had a certain "charm" that's very hard to find in recent makings.

Destinie

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Juhi wrote: I would say I am biased towards pre-2000 anime series. I won't say there were all amazing, but I can recall more shows that I liked from that time. Also, I think series from this time had a certain "charm" that's very hard to find in recent makings.
I'd agree, Juhi. It's so hard to find something that I enjoy, it's rare. I like a lot of the older ones because they feel more fresh (or something). I find that a lot of current anime has a very mass-produced sort of quality. (Story and execution-wise.)

It's interesting to see the change in Anime that is still going IE: Pokémon. The original episodes had a different comedic charm and were stronger story-wise (I think, anyway). The most recent episodes have lost a lot of that good story-telling. I even miss the old way the art was done. :x

• Information