Fruits Basket another

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Laura

Fruits Basket another

Post by Laura »

I'm not sure how many people here are aware, but Takaya Natsuki has started on a short sequel to Furuba called "Fruits Basket another"! :D It takes place after Tohru, Yuki and Kyo graduate from high school... quite a bit after, actually! It focuses on their children (who are now attending their old high school) and a new female high school student. It's super cute~!

Tohru, Kyo and Yuki aren't planned to be in it but they are mentioned and who knows, maybe they will make an appearance later. Either way, it's fun to hear about their kids. <3

The chapters are being published online bi-monthly and you can read them here: http://mangafox.me/manga/fruits_basket_another/

Those translations seem to take a while before they get posted up, so there is another person scanlating the series at a faster pace here: http://yukariscans.tumblr.com/tagged/fr ... %20another
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Re: Fruits Basket another

Post by Megan »

I heard about this! But I never tried really looking it up much... I may start reading it once I'm finished up with some things I have planned! :) Thanks for sharing!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Laura

Post by Laura »

No problem!! I figured with so many people working on Fruits Basket sites, it'd be useful to read the sequel for more info, even if the regular cast doesn't actually appear. :3

Kyo and Tohru's son looks JUST like Kyo. It's so cute! I love that all the characters that ended up together seem to have kids that are all around the same age. xD Busy time for the Sohma family, lol... The new main character so sweet too. T-T I just want to take her home and hug her~
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I didn't realize it was already out. I have to read it when I have a chance. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Ah, I've read a few chapters but I didn't know how often it was published and some chapters were quite short so I haven't read them in a while! I haven't really formed an opinion on the new series yet, though, definitely need to read more before I can do that, haha.
Laura

Post by Laura »

It seems like they publish it at least twice a month and the chapters seem to be split up into two... the way they have the chapters numbered on the site is really confusing. :/ It'll probably make a lot more sense once it's available in a collected volume (I hope, lol!).