Currently watching....?

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Ava

Re: Currently watching....?

Post by Ava »

I'm re-watching Samurai Champloo. It makes me want to re-watch Cowboy Bebop as well.

I don't watch enough current anime to know what's trending, but hearing about mafia and demon themes sounds right. Demons are age-old motifs and each generation puts their own nice little spin on the theme.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Eden

Post by Eden »

I went and looked through all the summer anime and the only one that caught my eye is Tari Tari. So far I'm loving it. I rarely touch slice-of-life but it's nice to wind down from all the bloody gory things I've been watching. It's so beautiful, the music is gorgeous, and the animation is lovely. I admit, I picked this out because of all the pretty girls. I'm a sucker for beautiful girls (I'm not the type of gal that loves bishounen, instead its the bishoujo for me!) and I really love the laid back story.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I never got into Champloo, but Bebop was lots of fun. The ending felt like it was left hanging, that's the only thing I didn't like.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I am watching Darker Than Black. Four episodes in so far. It's really good!
Ava

Post by Ava »

Mikari wrote:I never got into Champloo, but Bebop was lots of fun. The ending felt like it was left hanging, that's the only thing I didn't like.
Yeah, I felt the same way about the Evangelion series. However, as much as I like happy endings, I must admit it's the endings like Evangelion and Bebop that make a strong impact by having me dwell on the significance of it later.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Varen

Post by Varen »

Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stone, though at a snail's pace. The newest episode is 14 or so, and I'm behind with 7 episodes. IE series is pretty much the only long-running anime I'll ever bother to watch all the episodes for. Which says a lot about my tastes in anime.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Eva's ending was... Disappointing. I knew the hype before I knew the series and it didn't live up to it. As for bebop I wanted more closure even if it was sad, though I would have preferred a different kind of Sad and even more so I would have loved a happy end for such an upbeat series... Like the movie as an ending instead of midquel.

In general I don't like it when adventures end with everyone going off and not having more adventures, I prefer open endings instead of that. I like endings where things are resolved but more adventures could come. I really dislike when adventure character settle down too. I'm not a family girl and don't like the whole tied down thing so I can't relate when I would never stop adventuring in their shoes.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Todd wrote:I am watching Darker Than Black. Four episodes in so far. It's really good!
I heard it's really good! I want to check it out! :)
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

The new Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 episodes are out and the wait until the next disc is gonna kill me. I probably shouldn't be enjoying it as much as I am, but it's the perfect combination of HD animation and nostalgia pandering. WHY AM I SO WEAK?! :rage:
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I'm re-watching Fruits Basket. It's been so long since I last saw it I forgot everything about it. Oops! x.x;
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.