Currently watching....?

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Destinie

Currently watching....?

Post by Destinie »

I'm currently watching something called Our Home's Fox Deity. It's actually really fun and interesting! Patrick and I were also watching one called Squid Girl, which is funny.

I like to go through hulu and see what is available. :D What series are you guys watching?
anon

Re: Currently watching....?

Post by anon »

I've been meaning to watch Puella Magi Magica Madoka and Hyouka but for some reason I have no patience to sit down and watch something... not to mention I despise those anime aggregators for advertising reasons.
Puppeteer

Post by Puppeteer »

I marathoned a bunch of shows earlier, but after reading some hopeful previews of shows, I'm keeping up with:
  • La Storia della Arcana Famiglia: after 5 episodes I'm still wondering WHY I'm watching this; guess my optmism is showing.
  • Uta Koi: Gorgeous art style, and I enjoy the literary focus.
  • Hakouki Reimeiroku: Not gonna lie, I do it for the pretty boys. XD Plus the historical setting is always a plus for me.
[People have a weakness for forbidden things.]
Kula

Post by Kula »

Uhh I'm currently watching mostly things from this season + some shows that are from the previous one. Those would be:
  • New season: Utakoi, La storia della Arcana Famiglia, Hakuouki Reimeiroku, Sword Art Online, Natsuyuki Rendezvous and Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate*
  • Previous season: Kuroko no Basket, Hyouka, Sket Dance, Shirokuma Cafe
I also recently downloaded all the episodes from Giant Killing! The manga is really good so far so I'm hoping the anime is at least decent.

*for the lulz
overskill / uchuu ☆*。★゚*♪ヾ(☆ゝз・)ノ♪ ♪
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

This season I'm watching... Arcana Famiglia, Utakoi., Eureka Seven AO (continuing from the previous season), Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Moyashimon Returns, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Rinne no Lagrange Season 2, and the Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 OVA.

It's a pretty quiet season.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I'm rewatching Sailor Moon with a friend in preparation for the reboot. Very slowly, because we have to co-ordinate our time zones, so we'll probably just finish when the reboot starts, at this rate. :)

I haven't watched any new anime in a while.
a spoony bard
Aa-chan

Post by Aa-chan »

I'm rewatching Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, myself. :3 Awesome series. I'm tempted to buy the DVD set of PSG, mostly because I want to see how "bad" the English dub is... >_>;

But, yeah. :D

Oh, and Hetalia~ =D I've seen "World Series" before, but I still wanna buy the DVD set too. Right now, I'm watching "Paint it! White" and "Axis Powers" until then. :]
Eden

Post by Eden »

Aa-chan wrote:I'm rewatching Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, myself. :3 Awesome series. I'm tempted to buy the DVD set of PSG, mostly because I want to see how "bad" the English dub is... >_>;
I bought the PSG collection and I really, really, like the dub. Might just be me though, but I read good reviews about it from other people. You'll have your fans and those who hate it.

As for me, I haven't watched an in-season anime in YEARS. I don't really know what's being released or shown, and I'm not up to date with new anime... I think the last time I actually watched an anime that I kept up with was the first season of Code Geass. ^_^;; Long ass time ago!
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
anon

Post by anon »

Aa-chan wrote:I'm rewatching Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, myself. :3 Awesome series. I'm tempted to buy the DVD set of PSG, mostly because I want to see how "bad" the English dub is... >_>;
Like Eden said, the English dub isn't bad, though they did take freedom with some of the dialogue. Plus, there's hella f-bombs dropped everywhere. :D What I was disappointed with, though, is how the Demon Sisters don't trill their R's with their trademark, "RRRRRRUURRRRU." I think they should have kept that, but I guess maybe some of the voice cast didn't know how to trill their R's.... (but America's near Mexico, so there's gotta be some Spanish speakers who can do that!!)
Eden

Post by Eden »

Joe wrote:
Like Eden said, the English dub isn't bad, though they did take freedom with some of the dialogue. Plus, there's hella f-bombs dropped everywhere. :D What I was disappointed with, though, is how the Demon Sisters don't trill their R's with their trademark, "RRRRRRUURRRRU." I think they should have kept that, but I guess maybe some of the voice cast didn't know how to trill their R's.... (but America's near Mexico, so there's gotta be some Spanish speakers who can do that!!)
Maybe it got lost in translation? Unless you make the characters sound Hispanic...otherwise it might have sounded awkward. Regardless, I liked PSG because it doesn't take itself seriously and is hella funny. I'm not a fan of the f-bombs since I find it unnecessary but otherwise didn't bother me.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!