Do you have a MyAnimeList account?

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Destinie

Re: Do you have a MyAnimeList account?

Post by Destinie »

I actually got a MAL account but I pretty much never log in. XD; My username is Cumulus: http://myanimelist.net/profile/cumulus
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

*ADDS*

*STALKS*

:blush:
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

My account is: http://myanimelist.net/profile/hinoiri. I haven't updated it much lately, but I plan to pick up some series I didn't complete next year so, hopefully, it will be updated more frequently :) Feel free to add me and I'll add you back ASAP!
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

MAL is my liiiiiiife. Even when I don't have any need to update my damn list I still visit the site. Its a love/hate relationship.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/peacecraft
cherry blossom, cherry blossom, sayonara FALLIN LOVE
comic-dare * mal * mfc * tumblr
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I don't know how to use this site. ;O; I want to add everyone, though! XD
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Destinie wrote:I don't know how to use this site. ;O; I want to add everyone, though! XD
What are you having trouble with? I'm sure one of us can give you a hand :3
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Shiori wrote:
Destinie wrote:I don't know how to use this site. ;O; I want to add everyone, though! XD
So I feel kind of dumb using it but I haven't spent a lot of time on the site. I just figured out how to add Anime I like/watched to lists (what's with all the different interfaces? x_x) but I can't seem to figure out how to add friends? There's a section for "friends" and "favorite people"? I'm not sure what the favorite people section is (I haven't explored that much). I see Friends I have to search for their name to add to the list? I guess I was picturing I could go to someone's profile and add them that way?

I guess the other thing I am confused about is what do I do next? Haha. ^_^;;
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Destinie wrote: So I feel kind of dumb using it but I haven't spent a lot of time on the site. I just figured out how to add Anime I like/watched to lists (what's with all the different interfaces? x_x) but I can't seem to figure out how to add friends? There's a section for "friends" and "favorite people"? I'm not sure what the favorite people section is (I haven't explored that much). I see Friends I have to search for their name to add to the list? I guess I was picturing I could go to someone's profile and add them that way?
As far as I know (although I'm not extremely familiar with MAL either) you cannot add a friend by simply going on their profile page. If I recall correctly, when I have to add a friend I go in the “Friends” section > Add friend > Type friend's name > Click find.
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Destinie wrote:
Shiori wrote:
So I feel kind of dumb using it but I haven't spent a lot of time on the site. I just figured out how to add Anime I like/watched to lists (what's with all the different interfaces? x_x) but I can't seem to figure out how to add friends? There's a section for "friends" and "favorite people"? I'm not sure what the favorite people section is (I haven't explored that much). I see Friends I have to search for their name to add to the list? I guess I was picturing I could go to someone's profile and add them that way?

I guess the other thing I am confused about is what do I do next? Haha. ^_^;;
The easiest way to add someone is by visiting their profile and clicking the "Send Friend Request" link underneath their user picture (4th option down). You basically do the same thing to add specific anime/manga/characters/people to your favourites list -- head to their page (use the search function if need be) and "Add to favorites" is the first option under the image representing the series/character/person.

Does that make sense? It's like 1am here lol.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Makes sense, thanks! :D/