Sailor Moon released by VIZ

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
LadyDB

Re: Sailor Moon released by VIZ

Post by LadyDB »

likewise! lol At least there's only like 17 or 21...nothing like 100+ or something crazy lol
~ Lady DinoBug
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Yeah, I hope Italy gets something similar too! *fingers crossed*

I'm pretty sad that I can't watch the subbed episodes that are being released every Monday, I wanted to watch those. D:
Laura

Post by Laura »

Did you guys see that VIZ also got the rights for the original anime? :D They've already started posting the subbed versions on their official page: http://www.viz.com/sailor-moon

I'm sad because I'm in Canada and the episodes there are for the USA only. T-T

I do know that Sailor Moon Crystal will be on Crunchyroll! That means anyone outside of the USA should be able to watch it! I know that if I can't, I'll be pirating the hell out of it in spite. :P lol

Also just a FYI about the manga... in Japan they released three versions of the manga; the original tankubon set, an updated "shinshouban" version in the early 2000's and just recently a "kanzenban" edition. The shinshouban edition is what Kondansha has been releasing over the last couple of years and features updated artwork, new covers, colour inserts and a condensed version of the series.

The kanzenban -- "Perfect Edition" -- edition is supposedly breathtaking. It's printed in a much larger format (A4 size), has literally sparkly new covers with new artwork, full colour inserts and more. It's much nicer quality and the actual artwork has been digitally remastered. Unfortunately, these aren't released in English but I'm sure Kodansha will ride the money train that is Sailor Moon and they'll release them here eventually, esp with Sailor Moon Crystal coming out. XD;

:!: What do you guys think of the new character designs? I actually really love them, they're far more detailed and beautiful than the designs for the original anime and are much more in tune with the manga artwork. Love it!! X3 Esp Mars and Jupiter. :heart:
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

The new designs look beautiful, I can't wait for the remake :D
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

lol You and me both
~ Lady DinoBug
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Count me in as well! I'm sure everyone here is thinking of their childhoods now, used to sit in front of the tv, open Cartoon Network and singing along to the opening theme XD;
Laura

Post by Laura »

http://youtu.be/GoxVaV6mAFc - Official Trailer!

This came out just recently and I forgot to post it here until now... not a huge preview but it gives us a little glimpse at what the animation looks like and I think the current art style looks gorgeous with it!!
Mayumi wrote:Count me in as well! I'm sure everyone here is thinking of their childhoods now, used to sit in front of the tv, open Cartoon Network and singing along to the opening theme XD;
I totally used to sing along to all of the songs... I had the CDs and sang to every single one of them all the time. XD Such good memories~
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Well guys! The new BSSM was released! Did anyone watch it? :)
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I loved it! :D Looking forward to the next episode. It's so pretty! :D Familiar, yet new.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I LOVED EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF IT. I saw a lot of people complaining about the animation during the transformation, but I'm glad it's different to the original anime. We have that, and it's awesome. And now we have this one, too! I cracked up at Mamoru, that loveable dork. <3

I'm just sad it's only every fortnight but at least we have Ami next episode. (And aside: I am more determined than ever to do a Sailor Moon costume next year. #lifegoals)
a spoony bard