Netflix Anime Recs?

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Todd

Netflix Anime Recs?

Post by Todd »

lol, So I noticed Netflix has a lot of anime on Instant Play. Anyone with Netflix checked those out, and have recommendations? I like a variety of genres, but my favorites are horror, fantasy, and sci-fi.

Feel free to recommend other anime not on Netflix, too, especially if you know where I can find them.

Thanks!
Puppeteer

Re: Netflix Anime Recs?

Post by Puppeteer »

Funimation has most of their series on there, and if anyone's into watching subs instead their youtube channel has almost all their stuff on there too.

As for recs, I recently watched Darker than Black on Netflix and thought that was pretty good; it reminded me a bit of Ghost in the Shell, so that might appeal to your sci-fi fancy. Mushi-shi is excellent fantasy-wise, so I'd give that a try too.
[People have a weakness for forbidden things.]
Todd

Post by Todd »

I love Mushi-shi! I have the mangas and own the anime on DVD. :) lol
Eden

Post by Eden »

Dunno whether you seen it or not, but I highly recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (along with its second season, Kai). :) I don't know much about Netflix or what it is exactly (I don't have a tv!), so I doubt it's on there. I also recommend Elfen Lied, Shiki, and Deadman Wonderland. ^^
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

Ouran High School Host Club from Netflix. :D

Netflix have the 2003 old version of Fullmetal Alchemist anime. It's not the 2009 anime which is perfectly based from the manga and has the original plot, but you can try it too. :')
aminuet .。. king
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time! It's a movie, not a series and is considered soft sci-fi, I think. The title tells you exactly what it's about, ha. If Summer Wars (another movie) is on Netflix, I'd also recommend that. It also has sci-fi elements. I rambled into a viewing of it at an anime con because my friend wanted to see it and it was a lot better than I expected.

I also second the Darker Than Black recommendation. I never watched the second series, but I really enjoyed the first.
a spoony bard
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Also seconding Darker Than Black. I heard season 2 was kind of meh, but the first series was awesome.
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
anon

Post by anon »

Eden wrote:Dunno whether you seen it or not, but I highly recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (along with its second season, Kai). :) I don't know much about Netflix or what it is exactly (I don't have a tv!), so I doubt it's on there. I also recommend Elfen Lied, Shiki, and Deadman Wonderland. ^^
Netflix is an online video rental website; with a subscription fee you can order rental DVDs from their website or watch through streaming video. Those titles may or may not be on Netflix depending if they are localized in the United States and made available there.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood !!

Also, I love Ouran High School but I would recommend getting your hands on a subbed version. I am partial to the Japanese VAs, I think they fit the characters a lot better. The FMA:Brotherhood dub is pretty good. But I really love Mamoru Miyano!!! He's got a great voice! He does Tamaki (Ouran) and Link (FMA)! ^o^

Also, I think I saw Excel Saga on there. If you've never seen that, you should definitely watch it. It's hysterical.
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

So there's an anime series on Netflix right now that's got horror, sci-fi, and crime: Psychopass.

It's also my favorite anime to date, haha.