Ghibli Films

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Destinie

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:25 am

Mikari wrote: I like the metaphor behind it, like saying it's your own doubt that's a curse and it can only be lifted if you have the will to be confident. So it's not that she "wanted to be cursed" exactly, but she didn't believe in herself even though gaining confidence would come if she just tried to be positive. In other words the first step towards a better image of yourself gaining confidence is wanting it enough to believe it's possible.
Right! I think I related a lot with Sophie because it was her self-esteem she was battling with. That whole concept of not having confidence in herself, not feeling attractive, so then just feeling like you need to accept the lies you've created about yourself and live with it. I want to cry every time when Howl goes "Sophie! Sophie, you're beautiful!"

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;A; ;A;

Mikari

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:55 pm

Aw! Howl is so funny and sweet ^_^

neo

Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Destinie wrote: I want to cry every time when Howl goes "Sophie! Sophie, you're beautiful!"

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;A; ;A;

YES, OMG.

About From Up On Poppy Hill - I definitely enjoyed it, but it had a more laid-back feeling than the other movies IMO. Nothing really magical about it, but it was heartwarming in its own way. Worth watching at least once ^_^.
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE

• Information