MASS SHRINE EFFECT: RULES + SIGN UP

Interested in playing or replaying Mass Effect, or even considering making a shrine to it? Join the event - and perhaps even the group playthrough - between January and June 2017!
Sophia

MASS SHRINE EFFECT: RULES + SIGN UP

Post by Sophia »

RULES + SIGNUP
Turns out several members of Amassment are Mass Effect players - or interested in becoming Mass Effect players. Part of the intimidation of shrining that series, despite its popularity, however, is that to play through the three main games without DLC or any real extras, you may commit yourself to 100+ hours of game time. With that in mind, a group of members came up with the idea of an event catered to shrining and playing through the series together, in a way meant to maximize the fun and encouragement.
  • EVENT BEGINS: 1/3/2017
  • EVENT ENDS: 06/01/2017
  • RELEASE OF MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA: EARLY 2017
  • PURCHASE: Origin; Steam
TO PARTICIPATE:
  • Start work on a shrine dedicated to the Mass Effect universe. Topics aren't limited to characters!
  • Reply to this thread with what you're working on to sign up, including a link if you've begun uploading. (Or even just: TBD, if you don't know what you'd like to shrine!)
  • Post a new topic with a 200x40 button of each of your respective ME sites, at any stage of completion.
  • Optionally, when you post your topic, tag it with [CZ] if you would also like to participate in the ongoing Construction Zone activity. No need to make a second thread anywhere else!
  • Also optionally, participate in the group playthrough of the series.

FAQ
  • DO I HAVE TO START PLAYING MASS EFFECT 1 ON 1/3?
    Not at all. Play any Mass Effect game - includes ME 1, ME2, ME3, and any associated downloadable content within that window. That means any start time! And if you don't want to play through, that is also totally fine.

DO I CLAIM WHICH CHARACTER I WANT TO SHRINE?
    No 'claims,' in the sense that one-shrine-per-character. Two people can shrine the same character; one person can shrine many characters. This way new players will be minimally excluded.

DO I HAVE TO FINISH MY SHRINE ON JUNE 1?
    Nope! Again, given how lengthy the series is, this is meant as a way to encourage one another. Feel free to share unfinished shrines! Think of this as partially inspired by the Construction Zone event. The cut-off date is really just so that participants can move on to other events and ideas. In fact, if you'd prefer to participate with a Construction Zone shrine, please post your shrine in this subforum only, and tag the title with: [CZ].

DOES MY SHRINE HAVE TO BE A NEW ONE?
    Nope! If you've got a Mass Effect shrine, please share it! Please also feel free to use this event to play through once more, to expand on that shrine, or to share your expertise with newcomers.

WHEN COMMANDER SHEPARD TURNED OUT TO BE TYLER DURDEN THE WHOLE TIME --
    Since we are trying to be as inclusive as possible to new players, please use the spoiler tag or the hide tag wherever appropriate or Camy will come get you:

Code: Select all

[spoiler]TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE IS LORD VOLDEMORT[/spoiler]

Code: Select all

[HIDE]SEVERUS SNAPE'S PATRONUS IS A SENSIBLE HANDBAG[/hide]
    I HAVE AN UNRELATED THOUGHT OR QUESTION, OR WOULD LIKE SOME HELP GETTING INVOLVED
    Hello friend. <3 Please reach out to @Laura (living encyclopedia of Mass Effect) and @Sophia (living ... barely) with any concerns or questions.
PARTICIPANTS
An asterisk denotes those who have unfinished shrines up.
  • Angie
  • Thane Krios
  • EMMA
  • Mordin Solus
  • CAMY
  • Grunt
  • LARISSA
  • Miranda Lawson
  • REMS
  • James Vega
PORTAL
Currently underway by the lovely Laura!

GENERAL DISCUSSION
HERE. Please remember to mark spoilers appropriately. <3

CREDIT
  • CAMY, for the gorgeous banner.
  • LETHE, for drafting, proof reading, and a kick-in-the-pants.
  • ROBIN, for the funky fresh color scheme.
  • EVERYONE IN THE MASS EFFECT CHAT, for getting this started!
Last edited by Sophia on Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

RAY GUN SUE
Camy
Administrator

Re: MASS SHRINE EFFECT: RULES + SIGN UP

Post by Camy »

Yo I'd like to sign up with Grunt plz <333
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

UPDATED

I'm getting Krogan feelz <3

RAY GUN SUE
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Signing up with Mordin Solus, pls.
a spoony bard
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

UPDATED

Ee! Excited! <3

"Flammable! Or inflammable! Can't remember which! Doesn't matter!"

RAY GUN SUE
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

YAY I'm glad this is up. GIVE ME ALL THE MASS EFFECT SITES.

Gonna throw my hat in the ring with Miranda, although I probably won't get started on her for a few months; trying to get some other stuff finished first. AT LEAST I DON'T HAVE TO REPLAY ME1 FOR THE 7TH TIME. Andromeda will probably get me super back into Mass Effect, or so I hope.
tonight fate is the
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

UPDATED

YASSSS MIRANDA LOVE

RAY GUN SUE
Rems

Post by Rems »

There are so many characters I could spend months considering but a certain someone has convinced me on one of them and that's.

I'd like to sign up with James Vega. :')
❝ they have stolen the heart from inside you, but this does not define you ❞
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

UPDATED

I can't wait to see it, Rems!

RAY GUN SUE
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

GENERAL UPDATE

Given the shift of the Construction Zone event into a general Amassment feature, we've updated the event information. If you would like to participate in Construction Zone and the Shrinedromeda event, please do so! Simply plug your shrine as you would normally, a thread with a link and a 200x40 button, while also tagging tag the title of the post with: [CZ].

RAY GUN SUE