Marathon Brainstorming

Brainstorm and set up your own events here for others to participate in!
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Marathon Brainstorming

Post by Robin »

Emrys wrote:After being asked, I decided to toss this one out there.

So, 2016 sucked, right? I feel like everybody is pretty much in agreement. What about a little marathon dedicated purely to silly things? Air out those bad year vibes. Just an excuse for everybody to get together and make fun little tributes intended to make people smile and laugh and wonder what the hell they just read? Not anything big or serious - just dedications to weird things like maybe a headcanon you always had or a crack ship you wanna get out there or a costume change/side quest you wish would have happened in game or maybe there is a crossover/AU (alternate universe) that you just think has so much POTENTIAL and why does nobody else SEE this gloriousness?

Just a shameless excuse to be the giant nerds we all know we are without the need for formality or seriousness or perfection. Just pure, unadulterated fun.
So far, looks like we have 6 people on board with this idea:

- Emrys
- Amber
- Nyx
- me
- Chibi
- Sarah

My next question is, how many folks are needed to officially "begin" a member marathon? :D Because I just got the silliest idea for this marathon ever and I need to share it xD xD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Robin wrote:
Emrys wrote:After being asked, I decided to toss this one out there.

So, 2016 sucked, right? I feel like everybody is pretty much in agreement. What about a little marathon dedicated purely to silly things? Air out those bad year vibes. Just an excuse for everybody to get together and make fun little tributes intended to make people smile and laugh and wonder what the hell they just read? Not anything big or serious - just dedications to weird things like maybe a headcanon you always had or a crack ship you wanna get out there or a costume change/side quest you wish would have happened in game or maybe there is a crossover/AU (alternate universe) that you just think has so much POTENTIAL and why does nobody else SEE this gloriousness?

Just a shameless excuse to be the giant nerds we all know we are without the need for formality or seriousness or perfection. Just pure, unadulterated fun.
So far, looks like we have 6 people on board with this idea:

- Emrys
- Amber
- Nyx
- me
- Chibi
- Sarah

My next question is, how many folks are needed to officially "begin" a member marathon? :D Because I just got the silliest idea for this marathon ever and I need to share it xD xD
I'm down for this as well! Emrys you should type something up and post it!!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

I WAS NOT ANTICIPATING PEOPLE LIKING THIS IDEA I WAS PURELY EXPECTING IT JSUT TO BE ME IN A CORNER WITH SOME RARESHIP CRACKERY.

But hey!! Awesome!! So stoked to see people on board! If it's cool, I can definitely see about typing something up and posting it! :D/ Should we make up some sort of deadline, then? Not really sure if there is a set time for member marathons, haha. But given that it's sort of an informal for-funies marathon, should we just make it like a one page one month sort of deal? :o Whatchu guys think?
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

I think a deadline is *definitely* a good idea because otherwise "whenever" will become "never" :c
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Emrys wrote:I WAS NOT ANTICIPATING PEOPLE LIKING THIS IDEA I WAS PURELY EXPECTING IT JSUT TO BE ME IN A CORNER WITH SOME RARESHIP CRACKERY.

But hey!! Awesome!! So stoked to see people on board! If it's cool, I can definitely see about typing something up and posting it! :D/ Should we make up some sort of deadline, then? Not really sure if there is a set time for member marathons, haha. But given that it's sort of an informal for-funies marathon, should we just make it like a one page one month sort of deal? :o Whatchu guys think?
nyxmidnight wrote:I think a deadline is *definitely* a good idea because otherwise "whenever" will become "never" :c
Seconding the need for a deadline, LOL #procrastinatorsunitetomorrow

Hmm. I like the idea of a one-page-one-month-style setup, but I don't want to be too restrictive on any ideas either.
withinmyworld.org
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

Robin wrote:Seconding the need for a deadline, LOL #procrastinatorsunitetomorrow

Hmm. I like the idea of a one-page-one-month-style setup, but I don't want to be too restrictive on any ideas either.
As in the deadline is too short? :o
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Emrys wrote:
Robin wrote:Seconding the need for a deadline, LOL #procrastinatorsunitetomorrow

As in the deadline is too short? :o
I think one month could be a bit short notice, but if everyone else is good with it, I am as well :)
withinmyworld.org
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I can definitely try and aim for the one-page-one-month setup! Or maybe something even longer so more people can participate, maybe two/three months? It's relatively short and quick, and it would fit since it's just a marathon for "silly" websites! :)
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

I would be down with a two month thing! :O After all, it isn't meant to be a BIG project; literally just an excuse to me a giant dork.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Two months sounds good to me!! :)
withinmyworld.org