Marathon Brainstorming

Brainstorm and set up your own events here for others to participate in!
Robin
Events Staffer

Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Emrys wrote:I WAS NOT ANTICIPATING PEOPLE LIKING THIS IDEA I WAS PURELY EXPECTING IT JSUT TO BE ME IN A CORNER WITH SOME RARESHIP CRACKERY.

But hey!! Awesome!! So stoked to see people on board! If it's cool, I can definitely see about typing something up and posting it! :D/ Should we make up some sort of deadline, then? Not really sure if there is a set time for member marathons, haha. But given that it's sort of an informal for-funies marathon, should we just make it like a one page one month sort of deal? :o Whatchu guys think?
nyxmidnight wrote:I think a deadline is *definitely* a good idea because otherwise "whenever" will become "never" :c
Seconding the need for a deadline, LOL #procrastinatorsunitetomorrow

Hmm. I like the idea of a one-page-one-month-style setup, but I don't want to be too restrictive on any ideas either.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org

Emrys

Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Robin wrote:Seconding the need for a deadline, LOL #procrastinatorsunitetomorrow

Hmm. I like the idea of a one-page-one-month-style setup, but I don't want to be too restrictive on any ideas either.
As in the deadline is too short? :o

Robin
Events Staffer

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Emrys wrote:
Robin wrote:Seconding the need for a deadline, LOL #procrastinatorsunitetomorrow

As in the deadline is too short? :o
I think one month could be a bit short notice, but if everyone else is good with it, I am as well :)
withinmyworld.org

Chibi

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:31 am

I can definitely try and aim for the one-page-one-month setup! Or maybe something even longer so more people can participate, maybe two/three months? It's relatively short and quick, and it would fit since it's just a marathon for "silly" websites! :)

Emrys

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:08 pm

I would be down with a two month thing! :O After all, it isn't meant to be a BIG project; literally just an excuse to me a giant dork.

Robin
Events Staffer

Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:06 am

Two months sounds good to me!! :)
withinmyworld.org

Amber

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:11 pm

Two months sound great! :)

Emrys

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:40 pm

Awesome! I will see about typing something up then! :D

Destinie

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:00 am

Hey- would anyone be interested in a Superhero marathon? I've been seeing a lot of chatter about it lately. I was thinking that hosting this would be kind of fun and wouldn't be limited to just mainstream Marvel/DC characters.

Thoughts???

Sofia
Administrator

Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Destinie wrote:Hey- would anyone be interested in a Superhero marathon? I've been seeing a lot of chatter about it lately. I was thinking that hosting this would be kind of fun and wouldn't be limited to just mainstream Marvel/DC characters.

Thoughts???
I'd love to see that happening! Actually, I was thinking of launching something related to comics since, as you said, there's definitely an interest there. Unfortunately, I still haven't found the time to think that idea through. Maybe working on a shrine could help me do that (and I would finally make something after years of hiatus).

Do you already know when you'd like to (approximately) run this marathon?
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.

• Information