Badass Bitches Challenge

Brainstorm and set up your own events here for others to participate in!
Emrys

Badass Bitches Challenge

Post by Emrys »

Welcome, one and all, to the new and improved challenge!
Same goodness, only slightly different style
Badass Bitches - the fictional female directory - is proud to announce its own ongoing seasonal challenge! These are open to all to join in and submit their sites. This challenge is here in hopes to inspire all those dormant loves of our lovely ladies and get those thoughts down on computer screen. Every season (spring, summer, fall and winter) will be given a basic prompt and it is up to you how to interpret that. All websites will be added to the main directory, as well as added onto the challenge completed page to show your inspiration off to the world!

If you have any further questions about the challenge, please consult the rules that are on the website page or the general information in the posts below. This is a seasonal challenge so feel free to check back the first of every season for a new chance to participate! :music:
For further information, past participants and link back buttons,
please refer to the page within the directory below!
Badass Bitches Seasonal Challenge
Emrys

Re: Badass Bitches Challenge

Post by Emrys »

From March 20, 2017 to June 19, 2017
Spring 2017 Prompt
“Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.”
Explanation: As they say, experience breeds wisdom but no matter what you do, that experience will mold you one way or another. You can start out your journey with one ideal but travel may add, eliminate or morph those perceptions. You may find parts of a culture that you adopt into your day to day life, slang you pick up along the way, customs or traditions that reshape how you view the world. Travel is important in life, as travel is what makes us whole and, in time, makes us who we really are.
Last edited by Emrys on Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

Rules
A) You have anywhere during the given season (approx 3 months to the date) to make your project. The deadline to submit your sites will extend to the end of that given season. For example, in 2016, the final day of summer was September 21 as the first day of autumn started on the 22nd. After that, your site will be added to the main directory but not to the challenge page
B) Your tribute must have something to do with the prompt but the interpretation of which is entirely up to you
C) Your tribute must be a positive response to a female character, a relationship between two or multiple women or a series with a main female cast
D) Your tribute does not need to be brand new. If your interpretation of the prompt inspires a layout change for a pre-existing female character site, an added section, new media etc., you are welcome to submit that as well. On that note, your tribute does not need to be completed in order to submit by the deadline. Ongoing sites are completely fine! The point of this challenge is to inspire people to create sites dedicated to female characters; you can always complete it as you go!
E) Your tribute cannot be solely a fanlisting; this challenge exists to help inspire sites with a little more girth and content. If your fanlisting has an informative about page or if you have a tribute that also carries a fanlisting, they will be accepted
F) Link back to the challenge page to help spur on the fun! ♥

FAQ
"But Emrys, Amassment is currently running the __________ event. Can I cross participate?"
Only abso-freakin-lutely! :blush: As long as your shrine is dedicated to a woman and you have interpreted the prompt in some way, you are absolutely welcome to cross participate in whatever event Amassment is holding. And hey, if you miss the deadline for the Badass Bitches challenge cause you're busy working on your big Amassment project, don't you fret! The BAB challenge does not require you to have completed your shrine in order to submit it by the deadline. Your lady shrines are always welcome to join the directory itself! :heart:
Do I have to sign up? How do I submit?
There is no official "sign up" to this challenge - it's essentially just here for the results. It's open to anyone so you basically just try to get it all done by the cutoff time (the last day of each season). If the deadline comes up, your shrine is half finished but you want to submit it anyway, that is totally fine! The challenge is meant to help inspire the creation of sites dedicated to women; ongoing shrines are totally okay! To submit your shrine/tribute, there is a form you can find on the website challenge page! Please use that and if you do multiple website sites for the same prompt, be sure to submit each site individually.
My question hasn't really been answered/I am unsure if my idea qualifies...
Not a problem! I am always available one way or another; you would be surprised what qualifies. These prompts are up to your interpretation, after all! You can PM me here, ask right here in this forum, email me at emcy dot fls at gmail dot com or even send me a tweet to my network twitter, drunkbnetwork :heart: This is supposed to be a fun activity so don't let the stress get to you! Always feel free to ask!
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

/wipes sweat from forehead
It's been a long time coming, guys, but I am super excited to have this up and running again! Sorry for any past confusion and hopefully this way works best for you guys!

Let the fun begin!!
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

looks at icon
looks at this prompt

laughs nervously.............. guess I need to get off my butt and make this happen, huh?

Seriously though this is a lovely prompt and I'm glad to see the challenge back :D Hope to see a bunch of sites made for it!
tonight fate is the
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

Wow, this is an incredibly well-thought-out prompt, and I can definitely name a few characters that would probably fit this. I might just have to apply for this one! :D
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

adjlasdjlad I'm glad to see this back AND I LOVE THIS ROUND'S PROMPT SO MUCH. I hope I'll be able to participate in some way. I can think of a bunch of ladies that qualify for this and that I'd love to make something for... (Maybe do a minor revamp for my Rose shrine too.)

The new seasonal buttons ARE SO CUTE OMG HAHA.

@Larissa & Stefi: <O><O>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

I AM REALLY DIGGIN THIS PROMPT.

I think I might sign up with Sango from InuYasha but I will get back to you with my FINAL DECISION soon!!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Saya

Post by Saya »

You shall give me the last push to finish the bab i need to finish <o<
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

You guys have no idea how happy it makes me to see that this challenge is still so well received ;~ ; I was so worried the interest for it might have died away bUT!!

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. I am so unbelievably excited to read all of your future sites and to see how this prompt gets interpreted. I personally have a particular lady in mind so I am hoping to slap a little somethin' somethin' together for her as well~ <3

LET'S FILL THE WEB WITH TRIBUTES TO OUR FAVOURITE LADIES :inlove: :music: