Photosynthesis: EVE of WALL•E

From August to the end of October 2016, revamp your existing shrines to bring them up to your current standards! Add new content, refine existing content and sweep your shrines for any errors.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Photosynthesis: EVE of WALL•E

Post by Sarah »

My EVE site finally has a new layout after what I'm pretty sure is five years.. man, time flies. Anyway, while I wanted this revamp to include content, too, I only managed to give it a new look for the time being. (Real life gets in the way sometimes.) But I'm glad I could at least do that, and I'm pretty happy with the result. I also do plan on reworking the content at some point, as well as adding images to the text and uploading a small screenshot gallery.

I hope you like the new look! :) Let me know if anything looks off in whatever you are using to view it.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Photosynthesis: EVE of WALL•E

Post by Robin »

Ooooooo SO PRETTY <3 This shade of purple in the background is so lovely and allows the image to stand out JUST enough without being stark, and the stars in the background just give it a little extra sparkle. Well done!! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Looks awesome! :D I love the colors you used for it.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

The new layout is so PRETTY, aaahhh!

I absolutely love the fonts you used for the layout and the content! The color scheme is so lovely and the image you used of EVE is from one of my favorite scenes in the movie. The stars and her adorable expression give the shrine such a calm, dreamy and carefree atmosphere.

EVE is so cute and the layout is just beautiful. I look forward to your revisions and the small gallery! Yes, give me more of EVE's squishy self, haha. Nice work! :heart: :star:
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

yay the new layout looks great! The purple color scheme adds a really serene and stellar-like feeling to the entire site. And I especially like the way you styled the heading font. :yay:
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I absolutely adore the new look, Sarah! :heart: I love the colours and the lights/stars! It's super lovely! Great job! :star:
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

What a lovely layout! I'm particularly fond of the header font. <3 <3 (Makes me think of winter too. ;_;) /rolls around in pretty text-shadow

Your "design" section is so adorable, especially with the comparison and what's... the equivalent of "body language" awwww. ;_; What cute design background!!

I haven't watched the movie yet, but your shrine was very easy to follow, and I like how you narrated the story in "all that love's about", especially your closing words!

Mini-galleries are really neat surprises on one page shrines, so I'm looking forward to yours! <3

By the way, I've noticed a typo: "nomianted" -> nominated
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

@Robin: Thank you so much!! I'm so glad you like it. <3 (And that it has sparkle. :D)

@Crystal: Thanks a lot Crystal! I consider you someone with a good eye for color, so that means a lot. :)

@Andrea: Aww wow, thanks so much for all the kind words! I really love that "space dance" scene, too, it's one of my favorites from the film. And I always worry about my font choices for some reason, so I'm glad you like the ones I went with! I promise I will do my best to provide more EVE goodness soon. :yay:

@Masao: Thank you!! I'm glad it has that stellar feeling, that is what I was going for. :heh: Glad you like the heading font, too, I tried my best to get creative with that.

@Chibi: Thanks a bunch, Chibi! Makes me happy that people are liking the stars. <3

@Lethe: Thank you for all the lovely input! I honestly don't know if I've used text shadowing before (if I have it's been ages) so it's good to know it appears okay. Yeah, I really liked discussing her design! She's quite a gorgeous robot and it was fun to compare her to WALL-E himself, heh. It's also good to know that the shrine is easy to follow for someone who hasn't seen the film *coughyoushouldfixthatough*. Thanks for pointing out the typo, it's been fixed!
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Aku

Post by Aku »

Lovely little layout, Sarah! :blush: I love the colors you've used & the sort of galaxy vibe the brushes & textures give it. I actually still haven't seen WALL E :swt: :swt: :swt: (FORGIVE ME, it's one of the few Pixar films I haven't seen...) so I haven't read your shrine, but the little adoption section warmed my heart too. So cute! :heart: Awesome work on getting the layout revamp out!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

So cute, Sarah! I love it! Purple isn't a color that I see often and I think your use of saturated colors is always well executed. :)