Boundless - Balthier, Final Fantasy XII

From August to the end of October 2016, revamp your existing shrines to bring them up to your current standards! Add new content, refine existing content and sweep your shrines for any errors.
Stefi
Administrator

Boundless - Balthier, Final Fantasy XII

Post by Stefi »

True story: The previous layout for this site was made about 10 years ago.

The bulk of the revamp was creating a new layout and rearranging/condensing a few sections. The remainder was pretty much just housekeeping: updating scripts, removing dead links, etc. While I did rework a few content pages, I'll probably do the rest of it at a later time, most likely after The Zodiac Age launches.

Thanks to Robin and Masao for helping me out with my crazy browser problem while I was trying to work on this layout! Tip for everyone: clear out your cache on Chrome regularly.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Boundless - Balthier, Final Fantasy XII

Post by Robin »

Holy WOW DAT LAYOUT THO

/bowing
/scraping
/groveling
/sobbing

Looks great! Phew what a beautiful revamp! Definitely going to dive into the text more when I am less brain-dead xD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

So pretty! I like what you all did with this. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

AAAHHH, this new layout is so GORGEOUS.

So I'm going to miss the peach/pink/blue color scheme of the old one, but this layout's delicious pink/yellow bold color scheme kills me. It just fits Balthier so well, haha! I love the different fonts you used and how elegant the navigation is. Ugh, this is so BEAUTIFUL.

I've always loved how you opened the shrine on the index page, with that Marcus Aurelius quote and everything. It sets the mood of the shrine so well! My favorite pages are "Heroism" and "War"; they discuss and elaborate on the complexities of Balthier's character so well and I always enjoy reading them!

I also like "Design" a lot; it's always interesting to read about the decisions, etc. that happen behind the scenes—especially since the characters in Final Fantasy XII are dressed so uniquely, heh.

Congratulations on revamping Boundless; I've always loved your sites and look forward to seeing more from you! Excellent work. :content: :heart: :star:
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

I mentioned this before, but the layout is superb. The bold contrast between the black and yellow is so stylish. I love yellow in design, but I rarely use it myself, so it's great to see it used so well.

The typography and font choices are also really spot on. Though incidentally, for your .title style, the font-weight value should be "normal" and not "none."

I really enjoyed the "Heroism" page, and your use of outside quotes in that page and in "History" (omg Nietzsche :inlove: )
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

This is an awesome layout!! I just love the colours and the menu! Great job! :star:
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

The new layout is so gorgeous, and, as Andrea has said, it fits Balthier so well - especially the boldness!! Reading through your rearranged pages, I think the content is just as stylish as the layout hehe.

I like "Design" for its various insight into many things, very similar to the lovely trivia in "Voice Actor". Along with the comparison to another FF character under "Quickenings", I think these introduction pages manage to paint a neat first impression of Balthier in a very entertaining way (even to those already familiar with FFXII)! And your index page is so memorable!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Aku

Post by Aku »

I hit up this shrine when I visited your domain revamp and KNEW IT WAS DIFFERENT from the last time I'd seen it! I love it! The colors are more "pop" and modern from what I'd expect of a FFXII shrine, but I kind of like that it has a bit of an idiosyncrasy to it since it's related to Balthier. The elegance of your typography & the illustrations you use in contrast with the boldness of the colors just seem to speak to his character really well. :heart:

It looks super clean, awesome work! :yay:
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

It's wonderful, Stefi! Gorgeous design! :)