Braveheart: Chrom of Fire Emblem: Awakening

From August to the end of October 2016, revamp your existing shrines to bring them up to your current standards! Add new content, refine existing content and sweep your shrines for any errors.
Crystal

Braveheart: Chrom of Fire Emblem: Awakening

Post by Crystal »

OMG I DID IT YOU GUYS! I ACTUALLY FINISHED CHROM! I'M SO HAPPY!

Ahem, happy screams aside I can call Chrom complete. Obviously there are still some things I'd like to add/change, but for right now I'm happy to just have all the pages online. I think all I really did was get the Leader and Brother pages online, but I took such a long break before I ended up trying to finish last minute so it's possible I may have missed something. Oh well. I hope it all looks okay!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Braveheart: Chrom of Fire Emblem: Awakening

Post by nyxmidnight »

I most likely need to finish Awakening before I read this but CHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM YES!!!!!

Congrats, Crystal! It looks great!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Nyx! :D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Oooooooo congratulations!!! I feel ya on getting those last-minute pages...

*cough* /shoves aside Sound of Music revamp I literally did most of today *cough*

But seriously, what an accomplishment! Everything looks great so far, and I know your additions will only heighten the awesome.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Robin! I hope so lol.
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

So I left a LATE COMMENT on your plug for Dynamic Duos because I'm silly and totally thought I left something. JOKE'S ON ME, HAHA. Ahem.

I really enjoyed reading the new pages! I especially liked how you touched upon Chrom's relationship with Emmeryn in both of them; they illustrate how much Emmeryn has influenced Chrom in such a lovely way. Also I LOVE sibling relationships, haha, so of course "Brother" was a great read!

I also like how you discuss not only Chrom's strengths but also his weaknesses in "Leader." His reckless selflessness is one of the aspects of his character that I like a lot, so I was glad to see it mentioned here!

Congratulations on completing Braveheart and having it complement Save the World so nicely! Nice job. :heart: :star:
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Your button is so pretty (all your buttons are so pretty :inlove: )

I really liked how you broke down the sections/pages by the different aspects of Chrom's character. The "Friend" page was especially enjoyable to read (and also sad :cry: )

I haven't played any of the Fire Emblem games, but I was always fascinated by the vast cast (especially in the Awakening series), and you really made Chrome stand out.

And the layout! I really love the way you used the paper texture and pattern, it adds a really nice balance to the Kozaki sketch (and how it matches your Lucina shrine).
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you Andrea and Masao! I wasn't entirely happy with how my content felt but to you hear you both say you enjoyed it makes me feel so much better about it. ;-;
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS, CRYSTAL!!! :star: I think we all know how long you've worked/wanted to put Chrome online, so well done on this huge accomplishment!!

I love everything about the shrine! I love the sections you divided it into and of course your writing flows really well. And the layout is wonderful, too!

Great job! :heart:
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Congratulations on finishing this shrine, Crystal! <3 The two pages that you've added are really great, and do so much to flesh out Chrom's character and growth! I especially liked what you wrote about the contrast between Chrom and Walhart, but also anything between Chrom and Emmeryn. It's evident from your writing that the last two supported each other a lot.

These two pages add so much to the shrine and round it out. <3

I caught some small mistakes under "Brother" btw!

"thre three" -> the three
"embroiled in war which lasted for many years" -> embroiled in a war
"Chrom is devastated by her death but he does drown" -> does not drown
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.