Emotionally Evocative: Adrien Brody

From August to the end of October 2016, revamp your existing shrines to bring them up to your current standards! Add new content, refine existing content and sweep your shrines for any errors.
FandomSavant

Emotionally Evocative: Adrien Brody

Post by FandomSavant »

What's revamped:

I wrote a new piece in the Work section called "Ritchie & Ruby: An Unconventional Love Story" about the relationship between his character and his girlfriend in Summer of Sam. I also edited some older pieces/pages to flow better (or to correct mistakes in grammar and typing).

Updated my collection [Brody shelves] page (new photos, updated lists).

Broken links removed (or URLs updated), new 200x40 button for linking to the shrine (the one I'm using in this post). I also added a link to my newly revived Brody movie blog near the bottom of the index page. Two new "codes" for the fanlisting section (50x50, 75x50)

Changes to line spacing, slight changes to layout colors (dotted line under links is more subtle, background green slightly darker, etc).

...I can't remember if there's more. But anyway, you get the idea.

EDIT: I know the challenge is over, but just a quick note that I've added another piece to my site. It's under the "Adrien" section and it's called "An Open Letter..." It's something I've been needing to say, regarding his kiss with Halle Berry at The Oscars.
Last edited by FandomSavant on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Emotionally Evocative [Adrien Brody]

Post by Robin »

OOOOO NICE!!! I like your new additions (buttons, new articles, fixes to older articles), and the layout is awesome. I love it when a picture just speaks for itself and perfectly frames the content :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Robin wrote:OOOOO NICE!!! I like your new additions (buttons, new articles, fixes to older articles), and the layout is awesome. I love it when a picture just speaks for itself and perfectly frames the content :)
Thank you very much. I think I'm going to keep that layout for a while. I'm too in love with the purple and green scheme to change it yet. ;)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Andrea

Post by Andrea »

The new additions are lovely, Patricia. Congratulations on the revamp!

I also really enjoyed reading your new essay; I'm a hopeless romantic and a sucker for unconventional relationships. When I finished, I also kind of wished they had a film all to themselves... Did they have a happy ending at the end of this one, though? I NEED TO KNOW. Also Adrien Brody with that hairstyle... omg... That collar is badass, though!

I'll probably never get tired of looking at your collection of Brody things, haha. Also, the new blog looks intriguing; I'll have to pop in and read it when I have the chance!

As always, this shrine was an enjoyable read. Great job! :heart: :star:
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Andrea wrote:The new additions are lovely, Patricia. Congratulations on the revamp!

I also really enjoyed reading your new essay; I'm a hopeless romantic and a sucker for unconventional relationships. When I finished, I also kind of wished they had a film all to themselves... Did they have a happy ending at the end of this one, though? I NEED TO KNOW. Also Adrien Brody with that hairstyle... omg... That collar is badass, though!

I'll probably never get tired of looking at your collection of Brody things, haha. Also, the new blog looks intriguing; I'll have to pop in and read it when I have the chance!

As always, this shrine was an enjoyable read. Great job! :heart: :star:
Well, due to the subject matter of the film (the Son of Sam killings in 1977), it was pretty heavy. However, they were still together at the end and Ruby told Ritchie she loved him while comforting him...

slight spoiler...

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Ritchie gets beat up pretty badly (Brody's nose was broken for real, in fact).

Oh and thank you very much. :)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Oh the new content looks neat! I really like how you go into both what you liked and didn't like in "Ritchie & Ruby." The "Natural Born Killers" was also a really fun read :yay:

And the new button looks great!
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Masao wrote:Oh the new content looks neat! I really like how you go into both what you liked and didn't like in "Ritchie & Ruby." The "Natural Born Killers" was also a really fun read :yay:

And the new button looks great!
Thank you very much. :) That reminds me, I heard an interview recently where Adrien addressed the Natural Born Killers thing. I should embed that from YouTube as evidence on that page.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Aku

Post by Aku »

Awesome work on the revamp! This is admittedly my first visit to this shrine, and I'm really in love with how you've structured it! It's a good balance of informational and personal, and I really like seeing that in shrines for actors/musicians/talents/what have you. I definitely haven't seen as many of his films as you have, but to get your perspective of his work is a really fun way to explore him as an actor. The photos of your collection are super impressive! I like that you used a picture, because it could've easily just been a list of stuff you own... but the photo just makes it so much more human. :)

Although it's not something you've added in the revamp, your "Wishlist" page is one of my favs! I definitely have actors who I'd like to see in certain kinds of roles and it's always great when those things end up coming true. :inlove:
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Aku wrote:Awesome work on the revamp! This is admittedly my first visit to this shrine, and I'm really in love with how you've structured it! It's a good balance of informational and personal, and I really like seeing that in shrines for actors/musicians/talents/what have you. I definitely haven't seen as many of his films as you have, but to get your perspective of his work is a really fun way to explore him as an actor. The photos of your collection are super impressive! I like that you used a picture, because it could've easily just been a list of stuff you own... but the photo just makes it so much more human. :)

Although it's not something you've added in the revamp, your "Wishlist" page is one of my favs! I definitely have actors who I'd like to see in certain kinds of roles and it's always great when those things end up coming true. :inlove:
Wow! You just made my day! I appreciate the attention to detail in your comments - you really took it all in. That's awesome. :-) Thank you.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Lovely revamp! The new page was lovely to read, I really like your writing style! And yay for general fixes/improvements! Well done! :heart: