A Fading Dream

From August to the end of October 2016, revamp your existing shrines to bring them up to your current standards! Add new content, refine existing content and sweep your shrines for any errors.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: A Fading Dream

Post by Robin »

Awesome! Love this layout, so beautiful and dreamy. <3 So glad you got the fanlisting PLUS a shrine, too!

You've got a lot of content already set up that explains everything so well, exploring the pair as separate characters and as a couple, showing how their relationship evolves and changes...great work!

Did want to let you know about a couple of page errors I ran into:

Under Story:
- first link is "http://dream.shattered-memories.org/ffx.html" (nonexistent) instead of "http://dream.shattered-memories.org/ffx.php"
- second link is just a "#" sign

Under Pairing:
- http://dream.shattered-memories.org/love.php = "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end...on line 26"

Under Gallery > FMV:
- http://dream.shattered-memories.org/thelastchapter.php = 404
- http://dream.shattered-memories.org/dream.php = "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE...on line 19"
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Hey, Medli! I remember this shrine with its symmetrical subnavigation from before! I'm glad you revamped it, and I love the cute "photograph" of the two weapons next to each other in the layout. The colour palette is so bright and peaceful. Congrats on finishing the revamp and getting the fanlisting!

By the way, there's a typo in the subnavigation under Pairing: "BLITZSBALL" instead of "BLITZBALL".

I'm moving this topic to the Shrine Revamp 2016 subforum under Events since you signed up for it, and the Fanlisting Discussions rules state that shrine/fanlisting combos should be plugged as shrines. :>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Congrats on getting the fanlist! And I am enjoying reading through the shrine. I like your introduction to the two games (I've only played a part of X and am completely ignorant to X-2!) and I like having that background information for the characters. I like how you walk through their relationship. I think it's a nice shrine! :)
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Already told you on Twitter but I am totally in love with this layout. I haven't had a chance to read through it yet but hopefully soon!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

The layout looks wonderful! I really like the use of the images and the light colors + background. I haven't finished this game yet so I haven't been able to read through it, but I wanted to let you know just how much I adore the layout. Congratulations on adopting the fanlisting, and also great job on the revamp!
Kate

Post by Kate »

Ohhh wow!! This is so lovely Medli!!! *___* Amazing work, the layout is beautiful! Congratulations on adopting the fanlisting and on the awesome revamp as well. :D
Laura

Post by Laura »

Congrats on getting the fanlisting and revamping your shrine!!

I haven't commented on your shrine before but I thought I'd just mention how much I enjoyed reading your writing about their journey together. It felt like I was reading about a real couple that you knew personally. It was really moving! <3
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Everything looks awesome! I love seeing new stuff from you! I have to get into FF more!! I loved seeing tidbits of them on social media/google images when I was younger, and watching my sister play the game xD Awesome work!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Congratulations! :D
It's a really pretty layout. I really like the dotty background texture!
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

AAAHHH, congratulations on the approval! It always gives me happy fuzzies to see people get a fanlisting that was on their wishlist. :heart:

I love how soft and simple the layout is! The images you used are wonderful, and I love the small graphic of Tidus' and Yuna's weapons together. So cute!

Final Fantasy X was my first Final Fantasy game, and I adore Tidus' and Yuna's relationship. Reading your shrine gave me so much nostalgia, and it really made me want to play X/X-2 again just to experience their story again. You summarized their story and their characters so well in your different pages.

I loved reading "The Blitzball Player" because this line, "he makes the decision on trying to save his friends, his father, and himself," is so great; what I love about Tidus is how the decisions he makes throughout the game are as much for himself as they are for others, and this line encapsulated that quite nicely. My other favorite pages are "Love" and "Goodbye" because of that sweet, sweet FInal Fantasy X nostalgia, haha!

This revamp is just so lovely. Really awesome work! :content: :heart: :star: