Flight + Rock Steady

From August to the end of October 2016, revamp your existing shrines to bring them up to your current standards! Add new content, refine existing content and sweep your shrines for any errors.
Destinie

Flight + Rock Steady

Post by Destinie »

Image Image

Special thanks to DubiousDisc and Sofia for these banners!

My Cooro shrine was long overdue for a new layout and some overall love and affection. I gave it a new layout and worked hard on upgrading the code and generally cleaning it up. I also went through and edited some typos and grammar. Same for Rock Steady, which had a new layout just this past spring, that I wasn't entirely in love with. Overall, I think both designs are similar but should provided a better reading experience.

Please let me know if you find any typos or anything I need to fix. Thanks~!
Crystal

Re: Flight + Rock Steady

Post by Crystal »

Ahhh I love what you did with both of them. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Laura

Post by Laura »

I love the improvements you've done for both shrines! They look so lovely and professional, very modern and up to date. I love how large they both are; I'm a huge fan of layouts that fill more of the empty space in browsers and I love that you made them scale depending on browser resolution. <3

I don't think that they look the same at all; the layouts on both shrines are very different, as are the font choices and other design elements. :)

I really, really love your Cooro shrine though! You have a lot of unique information in the series section that I've never seen before, namely the links to the different volumes. I can't remember if you had this on your site before your revamp or not (I think you did) but I had to point out how much I like that you try to make it easy for someone to pick up the series. :)

And the navigation! I love that you use a typical navigation bar, but then use subtle drop downs with button links. So unique! And the little round buttons/icons for navigation in the footer... ahhh, you did such an amazing job, I love it. XD

The only issue I see with Rock Steady is that the aspect ratio of the header image changes depending on the browser resolution; it's a bit stretched on my widescreen monitor. D: Otherwise, you did an amazing job on the reading experience for both shrines. <3 Eeeeee~
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Gorgeous! Flight's pictorial, bright layout is so welcoming and artsy, and Rock Steady's full-screen, organized layout allows you to see the depth of the site at a glance. Definitely going to take a deeper look when I have time tomorrow ^O^ congratulations on these beautiful revamps!!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Aaahhhh!

Flight: So cute and playful :D The layout fits the character perfectly! I love the headings :D
I report one bug! When I click on the arrow to send back to top it just...behaves erratically. It jumps all over the place and then the menus become unclickable. ?? ??

...I realize now that I fucked up when I made that banner for you and I wrote Anima+ instead of +Anima, so, uh, ...can I fix that banner for you? XD

Rock Steady is excellent! Yellow goes well 8) But yeah, same as Laura, you might want to have a maximum width because on this big screen the content box kind of goes everywhere.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Ahh, both of these revamps are so nice! The layouts are both super clean and makes the content easy to read.

Flight: Flight is so happy and bright, and it really fits what I assume to be the character. I love how the navigation works! ALSO THE LINK HOVERS are so shiny and you use the same one for the buttons. I love how it pulls together the whole design.

Rock Steady: Love the red and the layout! I am really glad to see you're using his Hyrule Warriors artwork. To echo Laura, the header is a little bit stretched out for me as well. I took a screenshot for you so you can see what we are seeing!

Congratulations on the revamps! :)
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Of course everything looks awesome!! I am so glad to see you revamping some of your babies! It's a great feeling to get out more/updated information and a new style!

I really like both of the layouts but I think if I had to pick one layout and style of the site I would go with Flight because I like how the navigation is set up, making it easy to click between sections!

Great job!!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Thanks, everyone! :D

Thanks Laura, DubiousDisc, and Megan for pointing out the bugs. I will figure that out. I think I should be able to fix the stretchiness with a couple lines of CSS but I will need to figure out how to replicate that when looking at it at home to test. SOB.

@DubiousDisc I didn't even notice that on the banner!!! XD; You can redo it if you want but I think it's fine. Also, I'll look into the spazzy up arrow. :T
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Ahhh I already gushed over Flight's layout on twitter, but I love how big both layouts are, it's something I struggle with. Great job on getting both of them revamped!! :D
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Thanks, Elysa! :)