Precious Memories: Rune Factory 4

From August to the end of October 2016, revamp your existing shrines to bring them up to your current standards! Add new content, refine existing content and sweep your shrines for any errors.
Chibi

Re: Precious Memories: Rune Factory 4

Post by Chibi »

I love this, Crystal! I am biased because I love the game, but this shrine is really well done! It all flows together very nicely and your writing is really good. I love the Selphia page, it's a good way to describe the game to people who have never played it before! Great job! :heart:
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you Chibi! I'm so pleased with how that page turned out. And the rest of the shrine for that matter. Yay! :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Ugh, I really need to get around to playing more Rune Factory games. The only one I've picked up so far is Rune Factory 2, but I adored the rustic and peaceful atmosphere of that game so, so much!

In any case, the layout is so soft and the blues are so lovely! Just looking at it fills me with a kind of nostalgia—the blue-sepia kind, hehe. My favorite element of your layouts are the way you use patterns so subtly, ugh; I love the background pattern for the content and the striped patterns! Teach me your ways, aahhh.

As someone who hasn't played it yet and has only heard about it through friends/family, the shrine serves as an excellent introduction to the game! The plot sounds SO CRAZY and so hilarious, but it sounds like something I'd enjoy, haha. I also love how the story is broken up into different arcs; I was pleasantly surprised when Rune Factory 2 had a similar approach, so I'm glad it returns in this game as well.

The character list is so extensive and detailed! And all the PRETTY ARTWORK, OMG. Out of the characters, I only really knew the bachelors well since my younger cousin discussed her, ahem, marriage propositions with me, haha. But the bachelorettes are ADORABLE. Clorica and Dolce definitely intrigue me, and I'm kind of bummed that Illuminata isn't one?! I don't know; I love her design!

I love the song selections in the music section! They've got such a classic RPG feel to them. I think "Rune Prana Final Area" and "Love at First Sight" are my favorites out of the bunch, but they're all really great listens!

Finally, I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on the game! Not only did you include your first impressions and love for it, you also included your favorite weapons/creatures/characters as well. Reading about people's favorites and learning why they like something so much always gives me warm fuzzies.

Also, you did well when writing about the main/player character as "Lest or Frey"! This sentence confused me a bit with I first read it, though. My suggestion in [bold brackets], but feel free to disregard it!
Falling from the sky they land on top of a dragon; it is Ventuswill. [Mistaken as the "prince" from the capital], [Lest or Frey] are made the Prince/Princess of Selphia and are made to live in the castle. (Overview)
This shrine is put together so well, and I really enjoyed reading it! Although a gallery isn't a priority right now, I'd totally be interested in it because, ugh, the artwork is so gorgeous. But you've littered the content with enough beautiful and shiny images to satisfy me, hehe. Nice job! :heart: :star:
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Ahh thank you so much for your words Andrea! ;-; I'm so glad you like it! If you enjoyed RF2 I'd definitely recommend RF4.

Ohhh now that you mention it it does look a little weird. I may have to rewrite it so it makes a little more sense.
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

*insert :scream: face* omg I thought I commented on this, but it turns out I just looked at it a bunch of times...

Anyway, I really love the layout, with the way the content and navigation is spaced out. The "boxed" style makes it look really clean and organized, and it just feels really uniformed and relaxing. I also really like your typography in it, and the blue colors leaves a calming feeling.

The "fun" and excitable tone you take really gives an enthusiasm to the site, and makes me want to play the game haha. All the characters are so cute, and I like how you included a page on the music. :heart: :music:

Great job, Crystal!
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Aaaah you're using my button. you're too kind ;_; I am glad you like it~

I still love the layout, and it looks nice with the new fonts. It's easy to read and everything looks great. The Selphia page you wrote is one of my favorite pages from you! It's really great, and I can really get a feel for the game and how much you love it through your writing. Character descriptions look great still. Still want to play and meet Vishnal.

Great job, and awesome revamp on those pages.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you Masao and Megan! ;-;