Love You to the Moon - Bing Bong from Inside Out

From August to the end of October 2016, revamp your existing shrines to bring them up to your current standards! Add new content, refine existing content and sweep your shrines for any errors.
Robin
Events Staffer

Love You to the Moon - Bing Bong from Inside Out

Post by Robin »

Love You to the Moon
Bing Bong from Inside Out
Love You to the Moon has gotten a COMPLETE revamp, featuring:
  • tidier layout (inspired in part by Emma's beautiful Beatrix shrine)
  • better plot play-by-play
  • 700% more illustrative images
  • slicker formatting, including a new trick or two
  • more convenient navigation
  • much lovelier font choices (courtesy of Google Fonts)
Come on in--experience Inside Out and Bing Bong's role in it as if you're watching it for the first time!

also I am ridiculously proud of that 200x40 button because it looks like somebody with an actual eye for design made it
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Sara

Re: Love You to the Moon - Bing Bong from Inside Out

Post by Sara »

Amazing site, Robin! :D I really love the use of colors, fonts and the images are wonderfully crisp!

tbh I cried during that scene at the Memory Dump. ; u ;
The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
Laura

Post by Laura »

I just visited your shrine the other day so the previous layout is still really fresh in my mind... I love how you've kept it mostly the same but have done a lot of detail work that makes it almost an entirely different layout! I also really like all the images for illustration... it makes it feel like I'm reading a storybook. :)

I also laughed at the tissue break moment, mostly because of the giant box of tissues you present the reader! XD Your shrine definitely has your sense of humor in it and I love that! I don't think I commented on the site earlier so I had to pause to say that. XD <3
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@goldencelestine: Thank you! :D omg I was like a snot machine during that scene XD

@wolfrun: YAAAAY ^O^ I definitely worked very hard on the details with this layout--I knew I had the right colors and the right basic idea, but my execution originally was just "aaaaaa need this to work ok cool, save, upload." I'm much prouder of this layout because of those small touches, though.

Also, yaaaas the tissue break moment--I haddddd to put that in there because if I didn't, I was just gonna sob the rest of the way through the shrine while rereading it xD xD
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Yay for picking up new tricks! :D (And lovely button. <3)

The images really add to the mood of the page, and allow others to re/experience the parts you're narrating in a lively manner, yaay. <3 I especially like how you put two images there in succession to show how he's fading away... ;_;
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Lethe: Thank you!! :D YAY images and story <3 it flows a lot better now, I find. :)

(And yes, the images showing Bing Bong fading away...aaaaaaaaa feels explosions ;_;)
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Whee!

I hadn't read this shrine before, so this will be my first time going through it...

Your writing is always so enjoyable. I think I might just read anything as long as it's you who wrote it.

Omfg the tissue break. Wow. You keep slaying me. XD
Can I also say that, for some reason, I'm really amused by the footer? "No copyright infringement intended, all opinions mine". I don't know. IT REALLY TICKLES ME
It is a sometimes-horrible necessity of life: constant change and adaptation. Just as a tree's flowers must wither for its fruit to form, just as baby teeth must fall out for permanent teeth to grow in, so must childhood give way to adolescence and adulthood.
I just wanted to quote this because you wrote a very beautiful thing there.

I'm very happy after reading this. Congratulations on such a beautiful shrine!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Umm, I'm not sure how I haven't commented on this before because seriously this is awesome. I love Bing Bong and I love your shrine. I love the tissue box you added on there because during that scene I'm always crying. ;-;
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

dubiousdisc wrote:Whee!

I hadn't read this shrine before, so this will be my first time going through it...

Your writing is always so enjoyable. I think I might just read anything as long as it's you who wrote it.

Omfg the tissue break. Wow. You keep slaying me. XD
Can I also say that, for some reason, I'm really amused by the footer? "No copyright infringement intended, all opinions mine". I don't know. IT REALLY TICKLES ME
It is a sometimes-horrible necessity of life: constant change and adaptation. Just as a tree's flowers must wither for its fruit to form, just as baby teeth must fall out for permanent teeth to grow in, so must childhood give way to adolescence and adulthood.
I just wanted to quote this because you wrote a very beautiful thing there.

I'm very happy after reading this. Congratulations on such a beautiful shrine!
aaaaAAAAAAA :'D thank you for sweet comments galore!! <3 I'm so flattered you find the writing enjoyable and beautiful, because your writing is amazing too! :D :D

(I'm also happy I included the tissue break, because otherwise I don't know how anybody would be able to read the rest of the site XD)
Crystal wrote:Umm, I'm not sure how I haven't commented on this before because seriously this is awesome. I love Bing Bong and I love your shrine. I love the tissue box you added on there because during that scene I'm always crying. ;-;
Thank you!! :D :D YAY fellow Bing Bong fan <3
withinmyworld.org
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Everything looks great! The images look AMAZING with the text. They really liven up the content. I loved the shrine before, but I think it's even better now. Awesome revamp!