Let's face it, I think we've all been in the place where we have too many ideas and too little time. Sometimes, we let our completed sites lapse, not sure what else to do with them; sometimes, an older site needs so much work that we don't even know where to begin.
Some of us have set goals to revamp some shrines for every new shrine we make. Let's work on them together. Let's motivate each other. Let's rework our older sites and bring in new skills we've acquired. Let's edit, revise, and republish. Let's REVAMP!
What's in a Revamp?
Any of the following!
- Content: Add new pages or sections; brainstorm and create in-depth or more personal content.
- Text: Correct errors in grammar, spelling and formatting; rewrite content where necessary.
- Links: Check for broken and dead links, and fix/delete where necessary. Update older banners and buttons with newer designs.
- Media: Update media selection, such as offering wallpapers for smartphones and tablets. (Be careful that you're not using copyrighted material to create items for your media section.)
- Layout: Refresh your site with a new layout, and/or fix any coding errors. (This is a great time to bring in some new design/development techniques you've learned since you made the original site!)
- If you're stuck on what site to revamp or what needs changing on your chosen site, just post in our Shrine Betas board to get friendly and helpful feedback!
- If you're willing to give private feedback for someone else doing a revamp, simply post in our Beta Testers topic! You can be a beta tester even if you're not participating in the revamp event otherwise.
While the community sometimes refers to remaking shrines from scratch as "revamping" as well, note that this event is rather short, as it's primarily geared at refining existing shrines rather than complete overhauls (hence "Activity" rather than "Challenge").
If you'd still like to join with shrines that you're remaking from scratch, that's great! If you think you can't make it within the rather short deadline though, perhaps consider signing up for the concurrent Construction Zone event! Like this activity, the Construction Zone format allows for you to get input from others, the difference being that Construction Zone revolves around gradual release of content and continuous updating.
- continuing work on an existing, but clearly unfinished shrine: Construction Zone
- refining and adding things to an existing shrine that needs some housekeeping: Shrine Revamp
- remaking shrines completely: either Shrine Revamp (short deadline!) or Construction Zone (gradual release)
Sign up here!
Once you've finished revamping your shrine, plug it with a 200x40 button in this subforum! Please make a new topic in this subforum for every shrine you revamp during this event. The exception to this is if you'd like to do minor clean-ups for many of your shrines: In that case, if you're more comfortable with it, feel free to make one topic to collect all of those. You'd still be free to make separate topics for bigger revamps on top of that!
Activity Quick Info
- Activity period: August 17, 2016 - October 31, 2016
- Staffer to contact for this activity: Lethe
- Hashtag for this event: #AMRevamp
- Sign-up post: here!