November 2016: Round #2 - Appreciation

Participate in casual monthly activities to touch up your shrines and connect with others! Productivity lies in little details and your continuous work.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

November 2016: Round #2 - Appreciation

Post by Megan »

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful November so far! Another round of Little Bits is finally here! Let's show everyone how much we appreciate them this month!

This month's theme will be appreciation, and the sections are:
  • Content: Write a small blurb recommending a series you've shrined something for. (Minimum 3 sentences, maximum 1 paragraph)
  • Graphic: Make a media item or button and donate it it to another member or shrine (Shrines must not belong to you!)
  • Social: Let's get personal with another member of Amassment this month! Tell someone here how much you appreciate them, what they've done for you, or how they inspire you. If you want to direct it to Amassment as a whole, feel free as well!
A few rules:
  • To participate in the Content part this month, please place your written recommendations here in this thread so that everyone can learn about a series you love!
  • If you are submitting a graphic to someone else, just upload the media here, or a URL where we can all see! (One idea is to create a new user avatar for them to use for this month on Amassment!)
  • Social responses don't need to be shared here, but if you'd like to, go for it! Just PM me and let me know you've accomplished it if you'd rather send your appreciation post to the person individually!
To have your participation count towards the trophy, either complete two of the tasks, or the same task twice! (Example: you can complete Content and Graphic, or 2x Content.)

Activity Quick Info
  • Activity period: November 9th, 2016 - November 30th, 2016 December 31st, 2016
  • Staffer to contact for this activity: Megan
  • Hashtag for this event: #AMLittleBits
Mission Accomplished!
- Megan
- Lethe
- nyxmidnight
- Anise
- Chibi
- dubiousdisc
- Eunice
- Andrea

We will be keeping track of completed tasks here as the Activity runs!

Remember, November is a time to be extra thankful for those who have impacted your life! Let's show everyone here why we love and cherish this community, and each other! :D
Last edited by Megan on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Re: November 2016: Round #2 - Appreciation

Post by Megan »

So, I randomly picked Anise to donate two buttons to!

I hope you enjoy them :D

I have also completed the message someone privately about my appreciation :)

Let's see what you guys got this month! <3
Anise

Post by Anise »

Thank you again Megan! I uploaded the buttons and they look awesome!
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

GRATITUDE & APPRECIATION. Sure!!

There are so many people I appreciate here, so for the purposes of this activity, I'd like to thank two groups of people who have contributed to my improvement layout-wise this year, and who always help me out when I'm in despair when I throw super-noob questions at them when I've managed to break everything again when I hit a deadend! :heart: Thank you for turning the process of designing a site from something intimidating and bothersome into a learning experience full of friendship sparkles. :star: :heart: :music:
  • Coding: dubiousdisc, Larissa, Masao - you all know so much more about coding than me (which makes you super cool in my eyes <O><O>), but never make me feel bad for not knowing something or not grasping something right away. Thank you so much for patiently helping me debug and explaining things to me at length while introducing me to new tools and sharing interesting tutorials and code snippets with me!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :star:
  • Layouts: Delphine, Elysa, Megan - thank you for putting up with all the whining and raging when I'm in layout hell (especially when I sign off for the night in a super bad mood :pale2:). I appreciate your patience, suggestions and uplifting words so much. I've also started using Photoshop more in the last few months (I ADMIT, IT'S BECAUSE CAMY SIDE-EYED THE HELL OUT OF ME), slowly moving away from PSP8, and I'm already learning a lot of handy things from the tips and tricks you slip in every now and then! :star: :star: :heart: Andrea, Samantha - thank you so much for always being invested in my projects even when you're busy, and even going as far as taking the time to make mock-up headers for me aaaaahhh. ;__; :heart: :heart:
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Sure, since I'm procrastinating as hard as I can right now.

Content
Played Persona 4 and were disappointed by the lack of actual queer content (outside of queerbaiting)? BOY DO I HAVE THE MEGATEN FOR YOU!

Digital Devil Saga 1 + 2 include: 2 canon queer couples in the main party, 2 intersex people (referred to in game as hermaphrodites but they do possess both male and female gonads and can self-fertilize so I guess that works?), 1 male and female perfect being (think Hindu Buddha okay it's actually sort-of Ardhanarishvara), multiple NPCs alluding to non-heteronormative relationships or feelings, and those are treated as Things That Happen In Life. Also the leader of the rebellion his Black, so is his son, and one of his two aides is of Arabic origin, which is also treated as nbd.

Come in for the diversity, stay for the awesome characters, the amazing story, the great fans and the heartbreak and one of the few Megaten with a happy, hopeful ending.

Available on PSN, rated M for Mature.

Social

I thought about keysmashing here, but I should try to pretend to be articulate for once.

Thank you, Amassment, for providing a fertile ground where my Web skills could expand and be shared.

Thank you, Amassment, for encouraging me to express myself through this extremely geeky hobby.

Thank you, Amassment, for having the heart to enable me when I need enablement, for having the brain to talk me down from my own delusion of grandeur when I need to get my head out of the clouds, and for having the wisdom to distinguish between them.

Thank you, Amassment, for providing a home outside of social media where I can go when I feel UGH WEBDESIGN! and where people reply UGH I KNOW!!! to me.

Thank you, Amassment, for repeating again and again throughout the years that amateur website development is not a dying art form, that it can be fun and rewarding, that it can evolve and grow, and that learning smart things for silly reasons is entirely valid.

Thank you, Amassment. High-five. Let's get coding.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Anise

Post by Anise »

Graphic
Returning the favor with some Tales icons for Megan because I'm in a Tales of mood.
Image Image

Content
I in no way can compare to Nyx's amazing summary of Digital Devil Saga but here's what I got. Are you looking for a series with an ensemble cast that allows you to pick a (problematic) fav that has a backstory, personality, and motives no matter how much or little they appear? Then K is the series for you. K starts with an anime (available on Netflix) then provides manga/novels/games/etc. that delve deeper into each character. So no matter what sort of character you like they're there with super powers to boot.
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Anise! These look amazing, thank you! I'm adding them now :D
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

APPRECIATION POST, GO! :heart:

I would like to write a special message of appreciation to the people that I admire for the layout & coding abilities, because whenever I see their websites I get inspired to get better, become better at coding and design, learn new things and be productive.

These people are dubiousdisc, Larissa and Crystal! :star: Your websites are truly inspiring to me and I find myself visiting them over and over just to marvel at them and get myself motivated!

Dubs, I would also like to thank you personally for the times when you've linked me stuff or have talked to me on discord, it really helps my motivation and in general it's really nice of you. :heart: Same goes for Laura, thank you for chatting to me and encouraging me, I really appreciate it! :heart:

Finally, I'd also like to thank everyone on Amassment for being so passionate and so nice to each other! This is a very welcoming community and logging into the forums, seeing what everyone is up to and getting inspired by everyone's shrines is always the best feeling! Keep on being amazing, everyone!! :heart:
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Everyone is doing great so far! It's always nice to show others in this community how much we appreciate them! This post is to say that this November Little Bits will be extended until the end of December. This is because December is also a month of appreciation! If you aren't participating in our Secret Santa Event due to time expectations, you may want to send out a "little bit" this month to someone you appreciate! :D
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Oh thank you so much for the extension, I've been busy/away most of November, and holy shit I started writing this draft two weeks ago and then got super busy...I've been busy, can you tell XD

Appreciation!!

I'll start with saying that I never feel like I can properly show how much I value everyone here, and how honored and amazed I feel to be included in this community. It's what I wish every community on the Internet would be like. Never before have I had the pleasure to be around such brilliant, kind, and fun people as you all are. I'm so happy to see anything that everyone is making - shrines or not, actually; at this point I'm just so happy to hear about all the things that each one of you finds important and exciting, and, when I encounter them elsewhere, I can't help but think things like "oh, this is the thing that [name] really likes" and it makes me happy. That's how good you all are!

I'd like to leave a few messages to people:

Andrea: Sometimes I honestly cannot believe how nice you are? Like, how does someone like you even exist I don't even know. Do you, in fact, literally glow? I'd believe that.

Chibi: I'm glad that we got to talk more often recently! You're such a positive and pleasant person to talk with, and I can never wait for more chances in which our busy paths can meet and we can talk another time :D

Destinie: You're strength personified in the package of the ultimate cat lady, and I am absolutely honored to know you.

Laura: I taunt you often but you're cool. A cool and fun Laura who doesn't take any shit, but gets shit done. I wish I had the power to take as little shit as you do. Teach me your ways!

Lethe: You're brilliant and you should be very aware of the fact. Thank you for always giving a good spin to my braingears. I can't wait to read anything you ever make or anything you ever say. On the other hand, I'm kinda surprised that you managed not to tell me to shut up already? Like, are you just going to let me ramble onto five different topics at you every day????

Nyx: I hope things are finally looking up for you. You're cool and too cool for all the shit that has been hitting you. I've just been silently mad at your life on your behalf. >:( But you're cool and, I don't know, I think you need to know that I think you're really cool.

Robin: Your attitude and cheer are an inspiration! You get so much stuff done and so beautifully and...you treat it like it's no biggie, like, "oh yes today between clipping my nails and brushing my hair I revamped four sites" sort of no biggie. And your thoughts are always so...thoughtful. I know it's a fantastic choice of word on my part but it's really the best word to describe you I think, in the sense that you never say something that you really haven't thought about and you manage to be so reasonable in the face of about anything, and I think that's really admirable.

And to all the people who joined more recently and I don't know as much: I can't wait to meet you better too. :D

May the next year be better than the one that's ending, and usually this is said as a platitude but this year...I suppose I should say: it fucking be better than 2016 or else. Happy new year, I guess!