Pink Diamonds: Diancie of Pokemon

From April to the end of December 2016, have courage to start and share your in-progress works! Release your shrines unfinished, and use community enthusiasm and feedback as fuel to keep working on them.
Crystal

Pink Diamonds: Diancie of Pokemon

Post by Crystal »

Alright second Construction Zone is in the works! Some may remember seeing and earlier version of this layout in the Discord chat forever ago and I finally decided I was going to do the shrine. The basic pages are the only thing online at the moment, meaning The Basics, Website, and Index are currently the only pages online. I'm super excited to be working on this and am hoping to keep it somewhat different from my other Pokemon shrines but uhhh we'll see. No promises!

My only major concern with this layout is the font used in the <h1> tags and navigation. The font itself is actually really small so I had to make the text size really big (the <h1> is 70px) to make it work. Hopefully it is still okay.

That's all for now. More content to come soon!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Pink Diamonds: Diancie of Pokemon

Post by Robin »

So cute! The h1 font goes really well with the rest of the site and reads well :)

Couple of typos on the basics page, last paragraph: "Althought quite rare, Diancie does in fact of shiny colors..."

Other than that, though, it looks like you have a great start to this site! I like that the site is purple but the title has pink in the name--it brings in both of Diancie's main colors without having to commit to both in a layout!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Robin! :D
Robin wrote:Couple of typos on the basics page, last paragraph: "Althought quite rare, Diancie does in fact of shiny colors..."
Whoops! I better fix that. That's what I get for rushing to get this online haha.
Laura

Post by Laura »

You already know I love it! :3 Now I will sit here, eagerly waiting for more information about this adorable little pokemon. XD I wonder if I can get it somehow, someday~
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I'm really excited to see this online! :3 Diancie is such a beautiful and aesthetically pleasing Pokemon so I love seeing images of Diancie used on sites. This looks FANTASTIC so far! It's written so nicely, as always. I always love your little personal touches in your writing! Especially site pages. Great to see.

I love the little animated sprites on the basics page. They're so cute and shinyyyyy. I LOVE THAT YOU ARE GONNA TALK ABOUT CARBINK. I can't wait to see more of what you do with this shrine! Making a Pokemon shrine can be a pretty difficult task, but it looks like you've got things set up really nicely so far!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@Laura: Yeah! <3 If not for your push she may have never seen the light of day haha. Nintendo has been doing a monthly Legendary Pokemon thing for its 20th anneversary so maybe you can get Dianice that way?

@Megan: Thank you! <3 I think I can't have a Diancie site without talking about Carbink. The two have a lot in common plus there are some interesting facts between the two. It's gonna be awesome!
mishiro

Post by mishiro »

Wow, an upcoming tribute to Diancie! *o* I am in love with her Mega Evolution and can't wait to get my hands on one! I actually had plans to shrine Diancie and Carbink too since they're crystal fairies but I always procrastinate so the idea got scrapped off eventually. Nevertheless, I'm glad you'll be shrining her and I can't wait to see what you have in store for her! <3

Other than that, I really like the layout, Crystal! I love the <h1> font because its period (full-stop) is actually shaped like a diamond and Diancie's signature move is Diamond Storm; I find it all fitting! :D
From the earth, the land, the sea and sky
They can never win, but they sure can try

Icon by Megan
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you Beth! ;-; I hope you can get one soon! I really think you should shrine them! I think it would be awesome to see.

Thank you! Yes! That's why I used the fonts. Diamonds + Diancie just makes sense hehe.
Kate

Post by Kate »

Crystal! I really love this design *______* The fonts you used are beautiful, they look so crisp to me?? I don't know how to explain it! I love the tone of all your shrines, I feel like you're talking to me directly haha! Ahh I just love your work!!!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Ahh thanks Kate! ;-;