Red Pin, Blue Pin (Chandler & Monica from Friends)

From April to the end of December 2016, have courage to start and share your in-progress works! Release your shrines unfinished, and use community enthusiasm and feedback as fuel to keep working on them.
FandomSavant

Re: Red Pin, Blue Pin (Chandler & Monica from Friends)

Post by FandomSavant »

Sorry for posting so often, but I've added some images: a footer banner and profile photos for the bios.

Would the banner photos look better greyscale? Also, are those little ribbons kind of dumb? If I keep them: should the blue one be moved to the top right?

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

The bottom banner is awesome; the color photos provide just the right touches of color and interest to the layout. (Also loving the grayscale color blocking you've done behind each piece of the layout! Very eye-catching.)

And the ribbons are so cute!! Their positioning looks very balanced to my eye (which is admittedly not a pro designer's eye, but oh well xD).
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Robin wrote:The bottom banner is awesome; the color photos provide just the right touches of color and interest to the layout. (Also loving the grayscale color blocking you've done behind each piece of the layout! Very eye-catching.)

And the ribbons are so cute!! Their positioning looks very balanced to my eye (which is admittedly not a pro designer's eye, but oh well xD).

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it, because I've been feeling insecure. :)

EDIT: I'm gonna need to redo that banner. The ribbons have a bad cut and paste look to them. Like a "halo" around it. Ugh.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Hmm, I'm not seeing the halo effect in my browser (though I am laughably terrible at graphics so take that with a grain of salt xD)
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Robin wrote:Hmm, I'm not seeing the halo effect in my browser (though I am laughably terrible at graphics so take that with a grain of salt xD)
I feel your pain, believe me. Ugh. Sometimes I feel like it's 1998 all over again and I'm just starting. I made a bit of an edit to it. It isn't bothering me as much now. ;-) On the computer screen, it was okay, but if I visited on my phone, it bugged me.

I found a couple more notes in my phone that I can hopefully turn into pages this weekend. So yay! For that. :)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Looks great so far! :D I can't wait to read more! Also I love the layout, simple but effective and easy on the eyes!
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Chibi wrote:Looks great so far! :D I can't wait to read more! Also I love the layout, simple but effective and easy on the eyes!
Thank you so much. :) We're in the homestretch of the Dynamic Duos challenge already. Wow. That crept up on me. Hopefully I can do this.

*EDIT: I've added a page called "Complaint Department" to the 'A Little More' section. It's basically me venting about continuity errors in the Mondler relationship (I'll be adding screen caps on that page and others soon).

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Another update: I've added a page about Chandler's relationship with Janice (the on-again-off-again girlfriend he had prior to settling down with Monica). I've discussed how the relationship helped shape and mature him. It's in the "A Little More" section.

Also, I've made a few subtle changes to the stylesheet (colors, fonts) and added some photos to pages that were just solid text. I think it breaks it up a bit now. :)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Great new page! Woot woot! Also, the text-shadow on the links really helps them pop--looks sharp. (And the pictures interspersed in the new articles all look great too!)
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Robin wrote:Great new page! Woot woot! Also, the text-shadow on the links really helps them pop--looks sharp. (And the pictures interspersed in the new articles all look great too!)
Thanks so much!! :) I've added some links and a list of appearances to the Janice page now and hope to add a Dr. Richard Burke page today also (Monica's great love prior to Chandler).

Hi! I'm Patricia.