Windrunner - Sylvanas Windrunner (Warcraft)

From April to the end of December 2016, have courage to start and share your in-progress works! Release your shrines unfinished, and use community enthusiasm and feedback as fuel to keep working on them.
Laura

Windrunner - Sylvanas Windrunner (Warcraft)

Post by Laura »

Simply put, this is my shrine to Sylvanas Windrunner of the Warcraft franchise! :D

Not much is currently up at the moment, outside of the basic requirements for the event. I do have some stuff written up but I wanted to do some fact-checking before I actually uploaded those sections. Of course, the pages in the categories may change as well when I start to dig in deeper content-wise. :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Windrunner - Sylvanas Windrunner (Warcraft)

Post by Robin »

Love the side-by-side pic/content orientation, and the interplay of fuchsia and violet! Works really well with the image you used. The content looks like it's going to be superbly in-depth, too! :D

(One thing: the "WINDRUNNER" banner at the bottom covers up some of the text for me and I can't scroll to see it all. My resolution is 1366 x 768.)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Laura

Post by Laura »

Robin wrote:Love the side-by-side pic/content orientation, and the interplay of fuchsia and violet! Works really well with the image you used. The content looks like it's going to be superbly in-depth, too! :D

(One thing: the "WINDRUNNER" banner at the bottom covers up some of the text for me and I can't scroll to see it all. My resolution is 1366 x 768.)
Thanks, Robin!! :) Glad you like the colours... I hope I haven't made too much work for myself with how much content to include but we'll see. XD

Ooooh, I will look into that, thanks for letting me know that some of it is being cut off! I'll go look at it right now.

EDIT: Changed margin-bottom to padding-bottom and it works in Firefox (already worked in Chrome). :)
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Already told you last night but I love this! I can't wait to see what else you do for it! <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Laura

Post by Laura »

thanks Crystal!! XD It's gonna be a pretty text-heavy site, I think. There's not a lot of images to reference like there is for something based on a comic. But that's okay~ XD
Laura

Post by Laura »

Just added information about Sylvanas' role in the second war and third war, found under the "Ranger-General" section. :)
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Omg your layout is GORGEOUS! I'm in awe ;_;
Laura

Post by Laura »

dubiousdisc wrote:Omg your layout is GORGEOUS! I'm in awe ;_;
WAH! Coming from you, dubs, that certainly says a lot! ^^ <3 Thank you, I'm glad you like it!!
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Oh wow, this looks really fantastic so far! I don't know too much about WoW, but I've at least heard of Sylvanas, haha! Your first two pages are fairly easy to follow even though I'm not familiar with the lore, so I'm looking forward to the rest.

One thing I want to suggest is making the bottom banner smaller or hiding it on smaller resolutions -- I don't have a huge laptop screen and the title takes up a lot of space, which makes it hard to read the content :( This is pretty straightforward with media queries, though! I can help if you decide to go down that route.
tonight fate is the
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thanks Larissa! I'm glad you like it and that you can follow the content alright. :D I actually had to rewrite it at least twice because I figured there was too much jargon in it for someone not familiar with the Warcraft lore. XD So I'm glad it's coherent!

I was actually considering doing media queries when first doing the layout but I wanted to just get it up and functional so I could focus on writing. I hadn't actually tested the layout on a smaller resolution but I'm seeing on my ipad that it's a little skewed. So maybe I will look into that later today. :) Thanks~