Windrunner - Sylvanas Windrunner (Warcraft)

From April to the end of December 2016, have courage to start and share your in-progress works! Release your shrines unfinished, and use community enthusiasm and feedback as fuel to keep working on them.
Megan A

Re: Windrunner - Sylvanas Windrunner (Warcraft)

Post by Megan A »

Yesss, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS. THE LAYOUT IS GORGEOUS. It looks like a painting! I love the sections you have up already. I can't get enough!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I have no idea what you did with the background BUT IT'S SO GORGEOUS I LOVE ALL THE COLOURS OMG I JUST LOVE THAT SHADE OF RED SO MUCH AND TO SEE IT SO DOMINANTLY USED ASDJLKAD

Your headings are so gorgeous, how does one even.................... A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE SUCH GORGEOUS HEADINGS and it would be like "page name" + "page description", yet here I am, too lazy to do that, missing out on beauty. ;_; You also really make me want to try out text-shadow; it's so subtly used here. o______o

I don't know anything about World of Warcraft, but I've been interested in Sylvanas since playing Hearthstone! (Still don't have that card sob; I half-quit a while ago, but Sylvanas was high on my wishlist.) I'll read the two pages you have up later, but I'm sure I'll get a great overview on Sylvanas as you progress with the site - I know how detailed your summaries are and how much background research you do. :D
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thanks Megan!! :D I'm so happy that you're excited for more content! X3

Lethe, thank you!! XD My headings for this (and my Zelgadiss shrine since they are similar... not that ppl can see it yet but for future reference) are just the section + page name. :3 I was too lazy to come up with descriptions for each page this time around. XD I also use text-shadow on most of my layouts that have patterns just to make sure the text is fully legible. I'm so glad you like the colours too. :) The background was fun to make!

I'm also glad you don't know much about Warcraft! XD Another person to be my guinea pig!! Muahahahaha. >:D If you have trouble following the content, let me know. Warcraft's lore is incredibly long and detailed, more-so than most things because it has games that predate the MMO and like... 15 novels that are all considered canon. @_@ Trying to get all the details straight is murder for this site. Especially when I have to make sure it's put in a context that anyone can understand. But that's what I like to do! So it's not really that bad for me. XD It just means the content will take a long time to create, but that's perfect for Construction Zone. :3

Later today, I might put up the "conclusion" to the two sections I have up there. I'm pretty busy today but we'll see. <3 I wanna get SOMETHING done on it~
Laura

Post by Laura »

Also, the site should be working on resolutions smaller than 1366px wide. :) I had it done a couple days ago but forgot to post here... if there's any other issues with layout, please let me know!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

How's this site doing? Looking forward to new pages! :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Laura

Post by Laura »

Robin wrote:How's this site doing? Looking forward to new pages! :)
Only just saw this now. XD I guess cuz May 24 was the day I came back from Toronto... I haven't actually worked on my Sylvanas shrine at all but I think when the newest WoW expansion, Legion, comes out, I'll have plenty to write about. Sylvanas is supposedly playing a rather large role in it and I can't imagine I wouldn't want to write! :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

COOL!! Looking forward to it--when is the new expansion due out?
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Laura

Post by Laura »

Robin wrote:COOL!! Looking forward to it--when is the new expansion due out?
August 30! Though there's been various pre-expansion events happening as the date gets closer. :) I'm not sure if we'll see Sylvanas before the 30th or not but either way, I'm pretty excited.
Kate

Post by Kate »

I AM SO LATE BUT I AM SO IN LOVE. The layout, the colors, the IMAGE THE EVERYTHING. I love how sharp the images you used for the races are. :inlove: The subtle shadow behind the content text, those text headers, the amount of information you already have, and WILL HAVE. I am so excited. SO EXCITED. Your writing style is perfect, I really enjoyed reading through your shrine. :heart: :heart: :sob:
Laura

Post by Laura »

Aw thank you Kate!! I really want to write up some more content for this soon!! <3 I'm so glad you enjoyed reading what's there so far! ^_^ <3