Homecoming: Hope Estheim of FFXIII

From April to the end of December 2016, have courage to start and share your in-progress works! Release your shrines unfinished, and use community enthusiasm and feedback as fuel to keep working on them.
Destinie

Re: Homecoming: Hope Estheim of FFXIII

Post by Destinie »

This is looking great, Jae! ♥ I haven't played Final Fantasy XIII so I'm really interested in reading more! :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Jae wrote:Thanks for commenting, everyone (and a good eye for noticing that slight tweak, Robin)! I got busy with graduation and a convention, but I was able to sit down and crank out some content tonight under "revenge."

It's a terribly bare page, though I have notes to add images where they would be appropriate to emphasize Hope's beliefs and emotions during the rockiest time of his life. I think I hit the major points I wanted to go over, and I chose to heavily summarize the game's events in favor of focusing on Hope's relationships and drive. What this section could use the most now is a conclusion for the revenge quest that I'll be working on in tandem with "youth," which will refer to both the game and the prequel story.

Larissa and Rems, I definitely don't intend to write anything for LR until I finish the game. While I know most of the spoilers for Hope and sneaked a peek at Tracer of Memories a long ways back, I wouldn't feel very comfortable writing without knowledge of the full context, haha. :bleh: Thanks for your feedback, and I hope (pun unintended; I swear) I can deliver!
YAY for progress!! And I definitely feel ya on just getting some content down and having notes to go back later--that always motivates me more than going "OMG this content has to be perfect the first time raaaaar why is it not writing itself ;lsdkjfslkjdf"
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

lol what perfect timing! I'm playing Lightning Returns right now. XD I do miss grownup!Hope, but I'm still enjoying the game. I always thought Hope's character development was very interesting, looking forward to more pages!
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

The Revenge page was really interesting to read! It's quite an in-depth look at Hope's anger in FFXIII and offers food for thought on his intentions and whether his anger is justified or not. I enjoyed it and can't wait for more pages! :heart:
Kate

Post by Kate »

I really like your shrine so far, and I am so excited to see what you planned!! :blush: The upcoming sections look so interesting ahh~ I can't wait to read the rest!
Jae

Post by Jae »

Woo-wee, I was gone for a long time! Thanks for all of your comments, everyone.

Looking back, I want to revise revenge to make its individual parts transition better. I think this will be the most difficult to write, though, if my numerous private attempts so far have been any indication. I want to get a move on with everything else, so I'll get to it at a later date.

Anyway, I finally threw up eidolon and mind! I let myself go and had fun. The difference in the writing style between the existing articles is pretty astounding . . . I tinkered with the css a bit, too. Stay tuned for more. :ok:
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Awesome! Congrats on getting the two new pages up :) I'm really loving the formatting of the subheadings (if that's the correct term--I'm meaning the words in bold blue that start off some of the sections ^_^;). Also, the quotes for these two pages are really well-chosen :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

I have to admit I haven't gotten into FF much lately, so I'm really behind on the newer games, but one thing I've always liked about XIII is Hope. He's so cute and his story is interesting from what I've gathered. I really like how you're splitting everything up by game, and all the different sections. I'll be looking forward to the rest of your progress. :heart:
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I loved the new pages, Jae! They were really fun to read. Can't wait for more! :D
Jae

Post by Jae »

Hey, guys! Me again. My pattern in web design seems to be burst updates and long disappearances, just like my writing habits . . . Thank you for all your continued comments and encouragements!

This is always interesting to come back to, because what the shrine is shaping up to be wasn't what I had in mind. That's not such a bad thing, I think! It's leaning more on the analytic, which I prefer, and I've been wrestling with the writing to make it a little more easy to follow without detailed context. So keeping that in mind, I drafted youth and body language.

I'm envious of shrine makers who can write so much for their articles. :ack2: For me, it's a struggle to crank out more than a few paragraphs! I guess it's also a good thing to be concise, but someday I hope to have the drive to write more and better.

Thanks for your time again!
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.