About Construction Zone

From April to the end of December 2016, have courage to start and share your in-progress works! Release your shrines unfinished, and use community enthusiasm and feedback as fuel to keep working on them.
Aku

Re: About Construction Zone

Post by Aku »

I have a few questions so I can properly get myself setup! :D Assuming the rules are pretty lax here considering it's all about process/work in progress but I just wanna make sure:

Is it okay if the layout is temporary/also "under construction"? ;w; Personally, I don't like to design shrines until I know exactly what it will be housing, so usually it comes later in the process for me!

Also, what exactly does a site page entail? (I'm assuming information about the shrine/the event it's part of?) Sorry, I'm not sure why the terminology is lost on me, I just want to make sure I meet the requirements properly when I post it up! Thanks!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Yep, Adri is right on both counts! Feel free to put up a temporary layout you can live with, and then make tweaks to it as you go. (I'm like you, Aku--I usually design my layout last because my content usually fluctuates, or I end up hating the design I made in the beginning anyway LOL)

As for a site page, you've got most of it down pat! A paragraph or so about why you built a site for this particular subject matter is always good too :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Aku

Post by Aku »

@Adri & Robin: Thanks for clarifying guys! I think the "Site" page just confused me because I tend to split those things into other sections like Adri said, but I gotchu! Will hop into working on my shrine, then! :music:
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

This is an announcement to clear up some confusion due to a mistake of ours some months ago, which has led to some inconsistencies:
  • If you're continuing an existing shrine that is clearly unfinished, you are welcome to sign up for Construction Zone, and some already have!

If you're remaking an existing shrine from scratch, namely a shrine that you released ages ago, you are welcome to sign up for Construction Zone, and some already have! Alternatively, you can sign up for it in the Shrine Revamp 2016, if you prefer that format over the gradual release of Construction Zone shrines. Take note of the rather short deadline, however.

If you're refining an existing shrine and adding new content to it, however, your shrine does not qualify for Construction Zone. Refer to Shrine Revamp 2016 instead, which is now live!
We apologize for any inconvenience and hope that this clarification helps.

If you have further questions, please reach out to staffers in charge of the respective event.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thanks for the clarification, Lethe!
mishiro

Post by mishiro »

Wow, this sounds interesting and it could probably help me get started with a small shrine; I might sign up soon (after I have decided which character to shrine)! :)
From the earth, the land, the sea and sky
They can never win, but they sure can try

Icon by Megan
Kate

Post by Kate »

Hello! I have a question about linking back to Construction Zone.. I have the link to the event it self up and ready, but I was also wondering if I could link my thread for the shrine? :o I was wondering because I wanted to also ask if I could make my actual updates on the thread it self? Like if I were to add a page or more content, I could make a post on the thread and then link that post on my shrine.. If that makes sense! ;;; Sorry it's hard for me to get this idea out to words haha!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Kate: I don't see why not. I've sorta kinda used the CZ thread for my site as a way to keep updates flowing, but I hadn't thought about linking to the actual thread as the update post...which, now that I think about it, is a lot less work than what I've been doing ^_^;;;; xD

So I'd say go ahead, however you want to use the thread! :D
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Kate wrote:Hello! I have a question about linking back to Construction Zone.. I have the link to the event it self up and ready, but I was also wondering if I could link my thread for the shrine? :o I was wondering because I wanted to also ask if I could make my actual updates on the thread it self? Like if I were to add a page or more content, I could make a post on the thread and then link that post on my shrine.. If that makes sense! ;;; Sorry it's hard for me to get this idea out to words haha!
That's what I've been doing with mine so I'd think it would be allowed.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Tomorrow is December 1st, and that means we have officially one month to go before Construction Zone ends! How are things going, everyone? :)
withinmyworld.org