Paperback Marathon

Browse all previous marathons and challenges along with the realized projects!
Sofia
Administrator

Re: Paperback Marathon

Post by Sofia »

Elysa wrote:Aw, yeah, I know, but I still feel bad every time I drop out, if only because it's something I signed up for myself XD;; I'll think about it a bit more & possible subjects, though! x3
Yeah I understand what you mean. I hope you will be able to pick up a subject soon :)
Saya wrote:
Cherri wrote:Whoo hoo! Gonna read xxxHolic again (kinda, gonna reread and finish reading). I'm looking forward to see what everyone makes. Excitement!
Yes do so, because I'm alone in the holic realm there ç_ç
Really? I thought xxxHolic was quite a popular series…I guess it belongs to the category of "fandoms overlooked by shrine-makers". :/
Well if that's the case I'd try to read it as well :) /joins the xxxHolic club XD
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Really Saya? *sits next to you* There. No longer alone. You've got me and Sofia now! I started reading last night. Managed to get through a volume. Gonna read more today. I fell in love all over again.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Saya

Post by Saya »

Sofia wrote:
Saya wrote:
Cherri wrote:Whoo hoo! Gonna read xxxHolic again (kinda, gonna reread and finish reading). I'm looking forward to see what everyone makes. Excitement!
Yes do so, because I'm alone in the holic realm there ç_ç
Really? I thought xxxHolic was quite a popular series…I guess it belongs to the category of "fandoms overlooked by shrine-makers". :/
Well if that's the case I'd try to read it as well :) /joins the xxxHolic club XD
Cherri wrote:Really Saya? *sits next to you* There. No longer alone. You've got me and Sofia now! I started reading last night. Managed to get through a volume. Gonna read more today. I fell in love all over again.
YAY!
If you decide to shrine xxxholic stuff, I have the first xxxholic guide in english, so if you'll need I'll scan information for you.
*O* it will be awesome
----------------------------------

On the other side, I'm re-reading the book for my entry for the marathon, and trying to decide what to write about it =) for the shrine... I have a notebook taking notes.
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Oh Saya that would be simply wonderful. I did decide to do an xxxholic shrine. :heart: it will be so awesome.

Good luck Saya!
;o; *** pew! pew!
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

I second Cherri's request! I don't think I'll pick a manga for this marathon, but I have a general "CLAMP-related project" on my to-do list. I was thinking of X but knowing how it ended, or rather how it didn't end, I might as well begin to focus on another series XD
Saya

Post by Saya »

@Cherri and @Sofia - if you need scans of stuff from the guide, just poke me, and I'll scan - mostly is about yuuko and watanuki and first 6 volumes...

Well I'm working on my paperback marathon shrine during intervals, but I have in plan another clamp-related shrine (not holic this time =)))) )
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Eheheh. :heart: Perfect! I'll send ya a note, Saya. :heart:

I'm looking forward to your sites!

@Sofia: I haven't finished the manga for X but I did see the anime and the movie. Both upset me by the ending. Good luck. :heart:
;o; *** pew! pew!
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Saya wrote:@Cherri and @Sofia - if you need scans of stuff from the guide, just poke me, and I'll scan - mostly is about yuuko and watanuki and first 6 volumes...

Well I'm working on my paperback marathon shrine during intervals, but I have in plan another clamp-related shrine (not holic this time =)))) )
Thank you Saya!!! I will definitely keep that in mind :)
As you know I didn't read a lot of xxxHolic, but I did enjoy those few random chapters so I should read it properly to see if there is a character that catches my attention.
Cherri wrote:I haven't finished the manga for X but I did see the anime and the movie. Both upset me by the ending. Good luck. :heart:
I have read the manga and seen both the anime and the movie…what bothers me is that CLAMP never finished the manga (and since so many years have passed who knows if they will ever will). I'm not really keen on making shrines based off unfinished series, even though I made an exception once.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Hi all, just your friendly neighborhood forum mod asking if you'd like to take this conversation to the Anime/Manga thread? We have a very active CLAMP discussion going on. :)
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Oh of course. Sorry Destinie.
;o; *** pew! pew!