Paperback Marathon

Browse all previous marathons and challenges along with the realized projects!
Sofia
Administrator

Re: Paperback Marathon

Post by Sofia »

SnowRayjah wrote::D! I just think it'll be fun for everyone! Do your best! I think that's all anyone expects here. :heart:
Exactly! We want to encourage you to work with a different type of source material and are looking forward to see the results of your hard work. Obviously enjoying yourself in the process is a must :)
Cherri wrote:Whoo hoo! Gonna read xxxHolic again (kinda, gonna reread and finish reading). I'm looking forward to see what everyone makes. Excitement!
Argh…I still haven't read xxxHolic! Shame on me because I really like CLAMP. I also haven't finished X…but hey in that case it's not my fault XD (Sometimes I wonder if they will ever finish it ;__;)
Emma wrote:I love this idea! I may sign up, I'm just not really sure I'll have the time to dedicate to it.
If in doubt my advice is always: SIGN-UP ;) Especially if you already have some shrine ideas or this marathon looks very appealing to you.
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I like CLAMP to and also feel a little bad for not have finished xxxholic by now. And I think everyone should sign up too. And it's no big if you don't finish, which I like.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Cherri wrote:I like CLAMP to and also feel a little bad for not have finished xxxholic by now. And I think everyone should sign up too. And it's no big if you don't finish, which I like.
It's no big deal if someone cannot complete their shrine in time. You can always drop out if you find that you really cannot respect the dead-line (keep in mind that short extensions can be granted), but you cannot participate to this marathon once the sign-ups are over so…you know what you have to do ;)
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Sofia wrote:
Emma wrote:I love this idea! I may sign up, I'm just not really sure I'll have the time to dedicate to it.
If in doubt my advice is always: SIGN-UP ;) Especially if you already have some shrine ideas or this marathon looks very appealing to you.
Ahjdshsd, I actually do have an idea, I just have a lot on between now and January and I'm AWFUL at time management...but, I think I'll think about and see if my subject is doable and at least sign up. :)
a spoony bard
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Yay! I'm bad at time management too. I think you can do it Emma.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Emma wrote:Ahjdshsd, I actually do have an idea, I just have a lot on between now and January and I'm AWFUL at time management...but, I think I'll think about and see if my subject is doable and at least sign up. :)
Cherri wrote:Yay! I'm bad at time management too. I think you can do it Emma.
Yes girls you can do it! And Emma if you aren't sure your subject can be approved just contact me or Todd to make sure it's okay :)
Yuzuki

Post by Yuzuki »

I have three possible ideas that I could use for this marathon, so I want to sit down and think over which one would be the best to work on. I have a question thought since I have never participated before. Are the shrines supposed to officially open the day of the unveil? If for example I finish earlier I have to keep it closed until then? Once the shrine is submitted as finished can I still update it if I want to add anything else, or I have to wait until the marathon is over?
Varen

Post by Varen »

Yuzuki wrote:I have three possible ideas that I could use for this marathon, so I want to sit down and think over which one would be the best to work on. I have a question thought since I have never participated before. Are the shrines supposed to officially open the day of the unveil? If for example I finish earlier I have to keep it closed until then? Once the shrine is submitted as finished can I still update it if I want to add anything else, or I have to wait until the marathon is over?
Generally, we would like to keep surprises, especially in the Amassment forum/LJ, but no one will force you to hide the site anywhere else like in emails, social networks, chatrooms, or plugging in domain updates, etc. You are also free to update it to your will whenever you like.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Sofia wrote:
Elysa wrote:Hmmm I'd really like to join this marathon, but I feel super bad about previous times where I've signed up but didn't have anything to submit at the end DX
I think you should give it a try anyway!

This marathon offers a huge choice in terms of shrine size and subjects. If time is a concern you could for example begin from choosing a small subject, such a short manga/comic/book…, and spend more time to develop your shrine.

Besides…nothing bad happens if, for a reason or another, a member drops-out. We don't bite ;)
Aw, yeah, I know, but I still feel bad every time I drop out, if only because it's something I signed up for myself XD;; I'll think about it a bit more & possible subjects, though! x3
Saya

Post by Saya »

Cherri wrote:Whoo hoo! Gonna read xxxHolic again (kinda, gonna reread and finish reading). I'm looking forward to see what everyone makes. Excitement!
Yes do so, because I'm alone in the holic realm there ç_ç
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.