One Page, One Month 2013 (SUBMIT ENTRIES BY AUG 23)

As part of a returning event, members are encouraged to make a one page shrine every year!
earthy

Re: One Page, One Month 2013

Post by earthy »

LOL I sense another challenge in this...."Make Your One-Page Shrine A Full-Out Shrine Extravaganza"? (Actually, didn't Amassment already do something like this with fanlistings --> shrines?
Todd

Post by Todd »

lol We did do a Fanlisting to Shrine marathon! It didn't really involve one pagers, though. The closest thing was our Revamp Marathon a couple years ago where we encouraged members to expand their one pagers as an example of something they could do with the marathon. Everyone revamped bigger sites, though.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hehe, actually, it would be interesting!

Hmm, I have one more question - I'm seeing that what I made could be linear but with pages, as in: you read one page, there's a link to the next, and the whole content of the site works like that...so like, one single train of thought divided in sections that are available through different clicks?...If I were to present it like that, would it defeat the point? Just out of curiousity - I have the single-paged layout ready but I'm also working on the definitive one...

sorry if I'm just being a nuisance D:
anon

Post by anon »

As long as it's on one page. You can go through loopholes like Todd did 'cause what he did was technically still on one page. :D
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Okay, I guess I will wait to fix it at the end of the event. I apologize in advance for the heavy monster that will be D:
Todd

Post by Todd »

Yeah, I think if you can manage to have just one PHP or HTML page, it will count as a one pager. You can use a page turning script in it if you want!

lol, Your site sounds like a beast, but I can't wait to see it! (I like beast sites. :P)
earthy

Post by earthy »

Heya, quick question as the end of this challenge draws near: If I understand correctly, we can start submitting finished sites Aug. 15 (tomorrow), but we have until Aug. 23 (the following Fri.) to do so, yes? Stupid life stuff means I probably won't be done with my coding tomorrow, but I should be able to submit by the end of the weekend. Just wanted to check and make sure that was okay!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Earthy You have until the 23rd to submit your shrine. Submitting it by the end of the weekend will be fine. :)
anon

Post by anon »

Yo, everyone, you can start submitting your shrines right now! :D Please PM me.