One Page, One Month 2013 (SUBMIT ENTRIES BY AUG 23)

As part of a returning event, members are encouraged to make a one page shrine every year!
Camy
Administrator

Re: One Page, One Month 2013

Post by Camy »

I'm still trying to figure mine out - agh! Why so many good characters/subjects. Argh.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
earthy

Post by earthy »

OMG I love this one! ♥ Will have to think of something awesome and sign up ASAP....
anon

Post by anon »

Hey, everyone! There's one more week left to sign up for this event. :)

If you're on the fence because you have no clue what to sign up for, any of you are free to change your topic during the event. Just let me know preferably before the submissions date. :) You won't be penalized because we know what it's like to have a change in heart. :D I hope this answers your anxieties.
anon

Post by anon »

Hey, everyone, thanks for your interest in this event! Since it's July 14, sign-ups are closed. Good luck with your shrines and let me know if anything comes up!
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Hey, when are we allowed to send in our finished forms ?! :)
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
anon

Post by anon »

Megan wrote:Hey, when are we allowed to send in our finished forms ?! :)
Submissions begin on August 15, so your shrine should be completed around that time period. One week after that is when we will start posting the srhines. Hope that helps!
anon

Post by anon »

Medli wrote:I haven't done this for a while, but I would like to try and participate so that I can bring my domain back alive. Do I still have time to participate?
Hey, Medli, if you are asking to participate in this round, I'm afraid you're a little too late. Sign-ups were open for a month since the beginning of summer and shrines are supposed to be submitted starting next week. This means you'd only have less than two weeks to work on and submit your shrine, and I am unable to give you an extension on the basis that you joined late because the event has been going on for around two months (one month for signing up, the other to officially start working). In addition, it wouldn't be fair to all the people who have turned in their applications before the closing date.

However, you are more than welcome to make a one page shrine if that motivates you to bring your domain back -- lots of our members have both participated in this event and made one-page shrines of their own volition outside of the event. I personally don't think you need this event to make a one-page shrine; this is just a fancy title! :D
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I've got a question - I accidentally made a behemoth of a one-pager, so I'd like to turn it into a multi-paged site as soon as the event is over. The question is: when am I allowed to do so?
Todd

Post by Todd »

lol Dubs, I had this issue a couple years ago with This Fateful Hour! I cheated by using a script that shows just a little content at a time and utilizes navigation. It's still technically a one-pager. That could be a good temp fix.

As for expanding it, I'd say probably a month after the event is over, to give people plenty of time to browse the new one pagers? There's no real rule for this, so no one will judge you if you change it sooner than that.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I thought about that as I was working on it and tried to see if I could do something similar and...it turns out that it's even bigger than that, plus the way I made the layout doesn't really work with that system. D: I am probably overthinking it, since it's fully readable albeit heavy on the browser. I'll just wait until I get antsy enough to change the layout.