One Piece Shrine Marathon

Work together with others to reach a common goal - or the shrine of your dreams!
Laura

One Piece Shrine Marathon

Post by Laura »

After seeing how many people are enjoying the Fruits Basket Marathon, I'm thinking about potentially getting a One Piece marathon started in the future. It wouldn't be immediate because I need to finish my work for the Fruits Basket one but it'd be in the near future.

Of course, in order to do a marathon, I'd need to see if people were interested in creating One Piece shrines in the first place. XD As far as I know, there are only really two in existence and with such a colourful cast of characters, it seems really sad that there aren't more shrines online! The marathon would allow for multiple shrines for one character so there's no worry about having to claim a topic first. There'd be a deadline but it'd be flexible. Similar to the FB Marathon, I think I'd have a little webring/portal site to link to all the sites when finished.

The best part is that we can all use Skype to talk about the series with each other while working on the shrines! :3 Get some inspiration going!

Would you be someone interested in working on a One Piece shrine? Please comment and let me know so I can see how much (or how little) interest there'd be. Also if there's an stipulations (ie: can only start in the summer because no free time, etc), lemme know! :3
Lethe

Re: One Piece Shrine Marathon

Post by Lethe »

Hey Laura, I've just realized that the Joint Projects forum is as much about asking for collaborations and interest as it is for "established" projects, so I'll be moving the topic there. <3

I'm all for more One Piece shrines since there have never been many in the first place, and it's one of my favourite series eveeeeeeeer. I'm also very curious what kind of shrines people would make to a series as popular One Piece, since they have very detailed Wikis with a wealth of information (= great for reference, but also a kind of "challenge" depending on how you shrine). :D

No idea how many One Piece fans there are around here, but I'd definitely be interested! I've had an arc/location shrine in mind for a while, but I haven't had any plans to realize it in the near future. A marathon would motivate me, but I also don't know whether I can promise anything, with upcoming projects and perhaps a Dynamic Duos shrine incoming. :|a My finals take place all over June and July, so I know I'll be somewhat busy during May-July, but since they're spread so far apart, it makes it difficult for me to plan anything. I'm sure I've got free time inbetween though haha. As long as the marathon is up for a while, it shouldn't be a problem, regardless when it takes place.

If I can't make something big, I might upload a series of essays or a one pager instead, or come up with something else creative. :D Nami and Robin are two of my top favourite fictional characters, but I haven't ever considered making a shrine for them since I'd want to write... sooooo much... A one pager is tempting though. Maybe I'd make some relationship shrine for One Piece too. *-*
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.