Collaborative Shrine/Site Idea for All of Amassment

Work together with others to reach a common goal - or the shrine of your dreams!
Robin
Events Staffer

Collaborative Shrine/Site Idea for All of Amassment

Post by Robin »

What if we all joined forces to create a single site together, with each member doing one page?

I got this idea while working with the Ladies' Ministry at my church on a mat-weaving project (using plastic bags, of all things). We were all busy with some part of the project, but our efforts combined would make a single item. And I thought: "wouldn't it be cool if an online community could do something like this?" LIGHT BULB!!

The hard part will be figuring out a subject matter that all of us are interested in and could write about, but I thought I'd throw this idea out there for y'all to ponder, too. This could be an entirely new kind of Amassment Challenge! :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Re: Collaborative Shrine/Site Idea for All of Amassment

Post by Lethe »

Just giving input: It'd be interesting to have a kind of equivalent to book/comics anthalogies lol - unless that's already what you mean. :D You wouldn't choose something like a series to shrine to "completion" together (which would limit you to something popular if you want many people to participate, such as Harry Potter - though there'd be lots of ideas for that too! Amassment Hogwarts House distribution and student profiles lololol), but something like... A trait or value (pride, kindness, ambition) and then have a lot of different people type up an article for it, presenting a series or character or book etc. (depending on the project's theme) that best represents that value or that the person would like to introduce. Or something like "extraterrestrial women in fiction", "JRPG princesses", etc. Ooooor favourite Disney Songs. 8D

Sorry for chaotic post, my brain is asdjlka today.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hmm, I've been thinking about this for a while now and I really have no idea how would that work. We're all into different fandoms and I really have no idea how could that work out other than the ways in which Lethe has suggested, which anyway I'd say...would end up being pretty much like any other marathon though, except that all the content would be on the same site, no?

I guess I really don't have much interesting input right now B:
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Dubs: Well, I don't think it would be like any other marathon because we all have such different ways of approaching content, formatting, etc. I know the idea has some problems, but it would be nice to have a truly "group-built" site in that way, if we all have a fandom we can intersect in.

I also really like Lethe's idea of building around a core value or concept, and selecting stuff (characters, settings, etc.) from various fandoms that fits into that mold. I think that would be quite workable. :)
withinmyworld.org
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Thought of another way to approach this. Group-built site with various site tasks divided among members. Jobs could be divided up like this:

- Content writer
- Inline image maker for content
- Content proofreader
- Content formatter
- Layout designer
- Desktop layout developer
- Mobile/responsive designer
- Link button/contact form maker
- Site debugger

This would bring all our various skills to bear on ONE amazing site--it could be a SUPER fun project!
withinmyworld.org