Cliques!

Work together with others to reach a common goal - or the shrine of your dreams!
User avatar
Eden
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:36 pm
Location: Ponyville
Contact:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:26 pm

I find the dedication to maintaining a clique is very much like my fanlistings. They pretty much run themselves especially with scripts tacked onto them. I don't really have to worry much when it comes to adding people. :)
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!

anon

Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Lethe wrote:Oh I see, thanks a lot for taking your time to explain it to me and for the example links! :D So I guess now that fanlistings exist, the biggest difference between the two is that fanlisting codes are usually deposited in a collective, whereas clique buttons are often found in the sidebar or first page of one's domain, huh?
Some people decide to maintain fanlisting collectives because most of them run on Enthusiast, which makes it easier to maintain fanlistings as a hub.
Eden wrote:I find the dedication to maintaining a clique is very much like my fanlistings. They pretty much run themselves especially with scripts tacked onto them. I don't really have to worry much when it comes to adding people. :)
That's because they're basically the same thing...

Anyways, there are definitely scripts out there for maintaining a clique if you're one of those people who hate manual labor. :9

User avatar
Masao
Host
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:29 am
Contact:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:08 pm

oh yeah, I miss those too! Especially all the cute buttons. I also miss when Japanese unions were popular, but I think pixiv kind of killed the personal art site community, and in effect the need for unions.

I've been planning with some friends to make some claiming cliques, but I keep pushing it off.
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.

anon

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Masao wrote:oh yeah, I miss those too! Especially all the cute buttons. I also miss when Japanese unions were popular, but I think pixiv kind of killed the personal art site community, and in effect the need for unions.
This so much. A lot of my favorite Japanese sites have been closing down because the artists have migrated to pixiv... and since pixiv has tags there's no need for unions, since their objective in the first place was to create a fan art community for favorite characters and pairings.

I'd love to see your clique if you ever get around to making it!

User avatar
Mikari
Posts: 3249
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm
Location: Coruscant
Contact:

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:25 pm

I dont have any real interest in fanlists and the way the are linked to the fanlists directory and people accommodate to their approval. I find cliques to be more original and interesting. Though I have a small one that anyone can join it doesn't have an actual list. I have thought about making a clique with a list but I want to require sites for that one, it seems more fun to list people and their sites but I'm not motivated to list just people. I guess it's because I find webdesigners artists and writers to be more interesting than those who are not.

anon

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:46 pm

Mikari wrote:I dont have any real interest in fanlists and the way the are linked to the fanlists directory and people accommodate to their approval. I find cliques to be more original and interesting. Though I have a small one that anyone can join it doesn't have an actual list. I have thought about making a clique with a list but I want to require sites for that one, it seems more fun to list people and their sites but I'm not motivated to list just people. I guess it's because I find webdesigners artists and writers to be more interesting than those who are not.
That reminds me, there are also cliques that don't require people to join, but this mostly applies to support cliques. If you want to support certain ideas, as long as you link back to the site with a code, you're all good! (This also means you can't view members or see how many there are.)

This also applies to mini-cliques, which often don't have a single website dedicated to their causes and just require people to link back the codes.

User avatar
Shiori
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:13 am
Location: Space Australia
Contact:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Cliques? I feel old.

:bleh:

User avatar
Aku
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Shiori wrote:Cliques? I feel old.

:bleh:
Right? I remember when these were super trendy, and that kinda makes me sad LOL xD

That being said though, it'd be kind of a fun throwback to see cliques again! Kinda makes me miss personal blogs, too, since that's where I remember storing my cliques. :yay: I wouldn't mind having a little page for cliques again on my domain, lol.

User avatar
Varen
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:16 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:37 am

Joe wrote:
Masao wrote:oh yeah, I miss those too! Especially all the cute buttons. I also miss when Japanese unions were popular, but I think pixiv kind of killed the personal art site community, and in effect the need for unions.
This so much. A lot of my favorite Japanese sites have been closing down because the artists have migrated to pixiv... and since pixiv has tags there's no need for unions, since their objective in the first place was to create a fan art community for favorite characters and pairings.

I'd love to see your clique if you ever get around to making it!
Same, I love Pixiv and all, but I miss going through pretty fanart websites. Plus, I feel that since Pixiv is mostly public, people tend to... not show certain things on Pixiv? Like sketches, oekakis, etc.? Plus, with fanart sites, it was *much* easier to find artists from similar fandoms that are recc'd by a good one.

I wouldn't mind joining a clique again! As people have said before, I miss the pixels on a frontpage. My domain feels empty without all the collectables, sob.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again

anon

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:59 pm

Varen wrote:Same, I love Pixiv and all, but I miss going through pretty fanart websites. Plus, I feel that since Pixiv is mostly public, people tend to... not show certain things on Pixiv? Like sketches, oekakis, etc.? Plus, with fanart sites, it was *much* easier to find artists from similar fandoms that are recc'd by a good one.

I wouldn't mind joining a clique again! As people have said before, I miss the pixels on a frontpage. My domain feels empty without all the collectables, sob.
Some artists do; pixiv allows you to feature more than one image in one work. Lots of people display comics this way. Also, iirc, you can also mark works as R-18 if they're too, ahem, inappropriate. Moreover there is also a tag system to best label your works. But if you're talking about the less-refined works, yeah, I guess with public galleries people only tend to churn out their best work.
Aku wrote:Kinda makes me miss personal blogs, too, since that's where I remember storing my cliques.
There are still hella those around! :D

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest