Save the World & Braveheart

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Crystal

Save the World & Braveheart

Post by Crystal »

So I am beyond excited here. I've been working on my Chrom shrine for a few years now and to have something online is the best feeling ever. Working on Chrom also gave me an excuse to do some work on Lucina too so here we are!

May I present to you Save the World & Braveheart, shrines to Lucina and Chrom of Fire Emblem: Awakening!
Image Image
A few notes...

Lucina
  • The shrine got a new layout to match Chrom's for the challenge.
  • Some of the pages were merged in order for the navigation to be the same length as Chrom's and not be super long in general. It got too long if left as it was. I like what I did with it.
  • I had an error on Lucina's shrine that has now been fixed. For some reason I thought the hero-king and the first exalt were the same person. Oops!
  • Added a new page called "Combat". Explains how I use Lucina on the battlefield.
Chrom
  • Chrom's shrine is finally up! However it is incomplete and is missing a couple pages. I'd also like to add images and quotes to the content but I'm stressed on time and need to replay the game for the images so those will come at a later date.
  • As Lucina's shrine focuses a lot on analyzing her character, Chrom's shrine aims to focus on his relationships. Whether I pulled this off or not is a whole other story, but I am happy with it.
  • Because I made this layout years ago I wanted to update the visual of it to bring the layout up to my current standards. However to pull this off I find I need to make a new layout entirely so I just stuck to updating some of the coding instead.
I believe that's everything. If I missed something somewhere please let me know! I was in a bit of a rush to get things online due to WoW's pre-launch stuff for Legion and being super stressed out about everything. Let me know what you think!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Re: Save the World & Braveheart

Post by Mikari »

They both look great :D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

AWESOME! I love how the layouts are exact left-right flips of each other (seriously <3), AND that the two sites taken together give such complete depictions of the game and the two characters. As always, they are personal dedications that convey your appreciation yet also make it approachable for people who are new to the content. WELL DONE!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Mikari and Robin!

That was a result of the way the Lucina image was but I do agree it looks cool. I really like how both turned out. Thank you for your words! <3
Laura

Post by Laura »

Ah! I'm so glad you were able to get both of your shrines online in time for the deadline! :) I really like the matching layouts and how everything on one site reflects the other. I can tell a lot of planning went into this and I love how even the images match! <3

I've never played Fire Emblem, not really, so it was fun to read through both sites to learn about the two characters. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on them as well as the "battlefield" sections to see how you typically use both. :D

Now I'm left wanting to play Fire Emblem: Awakening. XD
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you Laura! <3 I couldn't have gotten them up without your help. :D

You should play!
Kate

Post by Kate »

Crystal!! Your shrines are both so impressive, oh my gosh! I loved the amount of detail in both layouts and text! I really enjoyed reading your shrines, as I always do. ;w;
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you so much Kate! <3
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

*thunderous applause*
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Nyx! <3