Friends: Monica & Chandler

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
FandomSavant

Friends: Monica & Chandler

Post by FandomSavant »

I still have more work to do to get this shrine the way I want it, but I thought I'd go ahead and submit it. I think it's complete as far as the challenge requirements go. I never feel like any of my sites are "finished," but it's a start (many of you probably feel that way, too -- we're always working on our stuff).

Red Pin, Blue Pin (Monica and Chandler fan tribute)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Friends: Monica & Chandler

Post by Robin »

WOOOOOOT! Congrats on getting this site together! As I told you in the CZ topic, the layout is so cute and yet still readable; the gray and black really set off the pictures well. And omg the Complaints Department article xD

What articles are you thinking to add later on? :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Robin wrote:WOOOOOOT! Congrats on getting this site together! As I told you in the CZ topic, the layout is so cute and yet still readable; the gray and black really set off the pictures well. And omg the Complaints Department article xD

What articles are you thinking to add later on? :D
Thank you! :D

The main thing I think it needs badly is a timeline of the Mondler relationship. The evolution from friends, to lovers, to realization of true love.

I'm working on an article about Monica and her weight struggles and how it relates to my own life. Also, one about how my marriage is similar to theirs.

Oh, and as suggested in the Construction Zone forum, I'll be adding more about why I like Chandler and Monica so much. :)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

As someone who has watched pretty much all of Friends, I was, and am, very pumped about this tribute! So far everything looks great! I am excited to see some of your analysis pages added later on! :D

I think a cool page to add would also be a page about the friend group in general, and how we see other characters support the development of this relationship! Because of how close they all are, it's important that the friends also support the new developing romance, etc! :D
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Megan wrote:As someone who has watched pretty much all of Friends, I was, and am, very pumped about this tribute! So far everything looks great! I am excited to see some of your analysis pages added later on! :D

I think a cool page to add would also be a page about the friend group in general, and how we see other characters support the development of this relationship! Because of how close they all are, it's important that the friends also support the new developing romance, etc! :D
That's a good idea. Like Joey letting people think awful things about him to cover for them. He went through a lot to keep their secret.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Exactly! I think that would be an awesome way to also show the development of their relationship! :)
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Kate

Post by Kate »

I'm so happy to see your shrine!! :3 I think it's great so far!
Laura

Post by Laura »

Wow! Love it! :) I don't think a lot of people really focus on sitcoms like they do for dramas, at least not in my experience. So it was really nice to read the profiles and relationship info. Total flashback to the past. XD I like how it's organized and I can't wait to see what else you add in the future!
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

I didn't follow Friends very closely, but on the occasion that an episode was on, I definitely had a lot of fun watching it!

The layout is simple, but really fun! I like the way you implemented blue and red throughout the layout, as well as the images you used in the footer below; the two of them just look adorable together, haha.

The basic profile pages served as great introductions to the characters as individuals. I haven't watched many episodes of Friends, so it was interesting to read about the characters' different quirks and pasts. I definitely learned a lot more about them! (Like Chandler smoking at the age of nine? Whoa!) I also like how you also incorporated little fun facts via parentheses.

"Quotes" is really lovely, especially since you not only share important quotes but also explain their significance. It's also great that you included a quote by the actress of Monica! It's always interesting to see how the actors/actresses themselves feel about their characters and the relationships they have.

I loved reading "The Psychology of Mondler" because it details not only how they interact with each other, but also how they behave as people. It was great reading about their different insecurities and issues, and then learning how they both help each other overcome them.

"Complaints Department" was really interesting to read because it's just so detailed! A lot of the television shows I watch don't have many seasons, so continuity errors are not really something I'm "trained" to notice. I like how you included your own personal feelings on the different changes, too! Let that anger out, I say! XD

I also loved reading the pages about the different relationships Chandler and Monica had with other characters. It's great that you went in-depth about how Janice and Richard impacted Chandler/Monica and also who they were as individuals—separate from the main characters themselves. And whoa, you also documented their episode appearances! That's awesome.

The title you chose for the shrine is even cuter now that I know the story behind it as well!

I had a great time reading about Chandler and Monica, and I'm definitely looking forward to whatever else you add to the site! Really nice work. :content: :heart: :star:
Todd

Post by Todd »

I have been waiting on this shrine! Sorry it took me so long to comment.

I love the layout and the articles you've written so far! I particularly enjoyed the articles about their past relationships with Janice and Richard! I think the comparison of these previous relationships to Chandler/Monica is pretty cool. Janice and Richard are important parts of who Chandler and Monica are, like you wrote.

I feel like a few things are missing, being a huge Friends fan myself, but I understand you're still working on it! I think you definitely should take a look at their engagement and how it went down. I think you should discuss the finale and where it left Chandler and Monica as well. They got kids if I remember right! I also agree with Megan -- a look at the other Friends and how they perceive Chandler and Monica would be super interesting as well.

Overall though, this is a really strong tribute, and to an unconventional subject, so I'm really pumped. I can't wait to see more!