Friends: Monica & Chandler

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Aku

Re: Friends: Monica & Chandler

Post by Aku »

Apologies for the late comment, I'm catching up on what feels like months of being behind in the forum... +__+! As someone who's watched every episode of Friends and countless interviews about it, I'm really happy to see that somebody decided to shrine Monica + Chandler... because they are my favs both individually and as a couple! ;w;

First of all, love your title! Such a cute little nod to their wedding and a nice Friends reference for anyone who has watched the show. I also love that you brought in commentary from Courteney Cox and her view on the relationship, after finishing Friends, for me it was always super interesting to hear from the actors themselves.

Your "Psychology" section the most compelling to me, because of how you dig into the characters phobias and explain the dynamics of their relationship based on that. So interesting and true! Part of what makes them such a powerful couple is how the two of them help one another overcome their problems. I also love that you didn't avoid the topics of Janice and Richard because those experiences are a really big part of why Monica and Chandler handle their relationship differently with one another. Awesome job laying that all out!

Like above comments have stated, I'm looking forward to see what else you add to this! :3 I agree that adding some sections about how the other friends are involved would be great to see, as they are all so intertwined in one another's lives. I'd also love to hear your thoughts how their relationship developed from friends to romantic partners, as they knew each other for a very long time and have had a lot of different opinions about one another when they were younger, vs them as adults!

Great work, and congrats on putting this out! :blush: And hats off to you for even attempting to start this--tacking a show as big and well known as Friends is no easy task! (Although I'm sure it'd be fun as hell to rewatch for the sake of shrining! :music: )