TO THE MOON - Miroku & Sango

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Andrea

Re: TO THE MOON - Miroku & Sango

Post by Andrea »

Ok, so first, CONGRATULATIONS on completing this shrine! Just knowing you had a shrine to them when you were a kid and then seeing this beauty is just so heartwarming. Even more so for me personally, as I used to follow the anime series as a kid. Man, staying up late to catch it on Adult Swim and having my older sister record the episodes on tapes... OH, MEMORIES. And Sango (along with Kagura and Kikyou!) was among my favorite characters, so naturally I also loved Sango and Miroku's relationship!

The layout is so gorgeous—that image of them! my heart! The patterns and textures you used are just lovely, and I ADORE the color scheme so much.

The characters introductions were easy to follow and also really interesting! Your descriptions of Miroku's attire and weapon were so detailed, and I learned a lot of new things reading his page. (Also REALLY looking forward to your Sango shrine, she's my darling.) Also, I was definitely surprised by their ages for some reason?! I didn't realize Sango was 16 and Miroku was 18 at the start? They seemed so much older to me for some reason, haha.

How you managed to compact the entire anime series (+ manga chapters) into such well-written and analytic essays is beyond me. How?! I really love how you focused on specific scenes and episodes to illustrate their relationship and how much they mean to each other. Also, I like how you touched upon Miroku's pervert ways (sigh) and offered your thoughts on them.

In addition, it's great that you combined your analysis with your summary of important scenes! As a result, your essays were interesting to read and also helped me refresh myself with the series. Episode 78 was one of my favorites, and reading about it makes me really want to rewatch it, haha. Reading about why you love the couple also gave me so much fuzzies! :heart:

I think I caught a few errors, but if they're not, feel free to ignore!

Based on Miroku's personality, I thought that the website really portrayed [him] well.

He is [affected] by taking in poison < Miroku >
This takes the "if you love someone, let them go," lesson to a whole [new] meaning. Later in the episode, Sango is about to be brutally attacked by the demon she is [supposed] to fight

Miroku struggles with this thought from episode 114-117, and realizes that [at] this rate

someone who can show her that not everyone will [abandon] her in the end. < Strengths >
What is she going to do [without] a weapon?! < The Ultimate Sacrifice>

Re-watching the entire anime series and rereading manga chapters was definitely worth it! Your love for these two really showed all throughout the shrine and I enjoyed reading through it all. Again, super looking forward to Sango! Awesome job! :content: :heart: :star:
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Hi, Megan! I'm really happy to see you got this site online. I think this is one of the first projects of yours that we had spoken about in the past! I love the design a lot and how you pulled colors from the characters' outfits (or at least how they look in the layout :D).

I like how you have all of your content separated for the individual characters, but your shrine really shrines in the section about their relationship. I really enjoyed how this section was laid out. Multimedia is great as always with your shrines. I can tell you always put a lot of time into these sections, and it definitely pays off here. I also love the little fan art you've included! :3

Everything looks great! Congratulations on finishing this shrine to such a dear subject!
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I am suuuper late, but I just wanted to say congrats for finishing this! I love Inuyasha shrines and I like Sango & Miroku together, and this one was one of the shrines I looked forward to the most and I'm super happy it's finished!! The nostalgia and the memories, aaahhh!!

The layout is lovely and elegant, and all the sections are just a pleasure to read! I love everything about it. Well done! :heart: