Royal Protection - Edgar and Terra

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Lethe

Re: Royal Protection - Edgar and Terra

Post by Lethe »

Hey, Medli, I love the layout! I didn't think pixel sprites could make such a clean and elegant layout, but you sure make it work splendidly! :>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Hey, Medli! Your shrine looks great, and this is a subject I'd been anticipating from you so I'm glad to see it!

First off, I love the layout and the use of the sprites. I have always loved the sprites from Final Fantasy VI. They're really cute so I'm glad to see that you incorporated them into this layout. I also really like the colors that you derived from the sprites as well, such as the bold and link colors. Definitely works great with the grays and really ties the sprites to the layout.

The way you did the navigation is very unique, and I think it works for this shrine. I love how you were able to separate pages about the the two characters individually and then finally work them together into one page about their relationship. It flows nicely.

Awesome job! :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

YAY it's back! I love the cute little sprites, and how you used them in this layout for color inspiration as well as illustration. :) Well done!!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Laura

Post by Laura »

YES! This site is so cute!! I need to send the link to one of my friends, he named his son Edgar (would have been Terra if it was a girl). XD
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

That is such a clever idea. I really like the design. :)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Cute layout ^^ I like how you did the navigation, and the shrine is very well written.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Medli, I just finished reading through your site. It's nice! I LOVE the navigation a lot because it makes me feel like I am reading a story, and each section walking me through that story. I really like how it's laid out and I really like how you are telling us the story of these two characters. So I am getting the story without having access to playing the game. So nice. :)

I really like this layout, too. The use of pixels is really cute! ♥ Congrats on finishing your site!
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Gods, it's been so long since I last played FFVI, but your shrine really gives me the urge to replay it!

The layout is simple and really cute! I love how you used pixel images; it gives me a ton of nostalgia and, again, gives me an urge to replay the game, haha. The colors you used throughout the design complement each other well and give it that little extra pop, too. I also really like your navigation; like Destine said, it makes me feel as though I'm reading a story!

Your introductions to the characters and story were great. Although I have played the game in the past, my memory's admittedly a bit fuzzy, so these were great refreshers! The "relationship" section was excellent. Admittedly, I never thought of these two romantically before, but your thoughts and feelings regarding their bond and their potential made me see these two in a new light. And you know what? They'd be pretty cute!

As I was reading, I noticed a few grammatical errors and awkward phrasings. Other than that, however, it was all written well!

Terra's journey is a solo journey, but she does have her friends and [comrades] that travel with her. ("woman")
When Edgar first meets Terra, she is still unsure about herself. She has no memory [of] what has [happened] in her past.

Or: She has no memory [of her past]. ("relationship")
Once again, I really enjoyed the shrine and how you approached their relationship. And now I really need to see if I can replay FFVI, haha. Nice job! :content: :heart: :star: