Counterbalance: Jessie & James

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Counterbalance: Jessie & James

Post by Robin »

Emma wrote:This was a great read, Robin! I also haven't watched the anime in a long time so this was a nice blast from the past, and there's a lot here that I hadn't really considered about Jessie and James before. I really enjoyed the section about the motto, and the analysis on gender and sexuality. It was super interesting.

And I know you were frustrated putting all the images in this site, but it really paid off. Tis altogether a very enjoyable reading experience. :)
Thank you, Emma! Glad you enjoyed it :D

(After I started putting the images into the site, I realized it was setting off my writing a lot better than if I had left it all text-heavy, so it was a bit easier to work through after that. The CSS resizing and screencap resources I found made it 10x easier too xD)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

YAY!!! This is honestly amazing! I really really really love the navigation (for obvious reasons)! You did an amazing job! Definitely some really unique pages. I like that you tackled the issue about James seeming gay, and pointing out that we can say Jessie is a lesbian! People often stereotype what it means to be "gay" based on what we see on TV or read about in magazines. It's an important topic to touch on, and I am glad you did! I also liked how you compared their motto with the other two members of Team Rocket! If you ever wanted to update that page a bit more, there is an episode earlier on where they tried changing their motto... I will try to remember what one it is, and then they hated it and decided they liked theirs better! I will have those buttons for you I told ya I wanted to make as well, soon! :D Would you like to affiliate with my Pokemon sites? all found @ http://like-knives.org/pkmn ? :D
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Megan: Thank you thank you! :D I'm glad you enjoyed all the articles. And I would love to affiliate! I will put your links up ASAP! (Really looking forward to your buttons, too! #madbuttonskillz)

I seem to remember that episode you're referencing--was it in one of the Johto League eps? (I only half watched Johto because by that time Team Rocket had been reduced to a joke and it made me sad :/ )
withinmyworld.org
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

For those of you who have visited my site so far: I used the animated-collapse jQuery script to keep some of my pages from being too long initially--mainly, I hid both songs and their lyrics behind a "click to reveal" link on the What They Mean to Each Other page, as well as the Character Songs section on both Jessie's and James' character studies.

My concern is that this "hidden" content is not intuitive enough (like people won't know to click on it to find more content). What do y'all think?
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I love this shrine soooo much! Jessie and James and long time favorites and you did great presenting the story, I like how you included pictures along with the writing to further show what's going on. So much nostalgia seeing those older episodes recounted. The character analysis was spot on and you've many so many good points! I had a great time listening to this! It's definitely one of my fav shrines out there.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Thank you, Mikari! Glad you enjoyed it! :D I had a lot of fun compiling and reminiscing :D

(By the way, how did your screen reader program handle the site? Any weirdness I should fix? :D)
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

No weirdness XD It sometimes pronounces certain words a bit oddly, but that's the program, it does the same thing with every site or file. I'm used to it by now, so it's easy to know what it really says. XD
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Ah ok, awesome :D
withinmyworld.org
Laura

Post by Laura »

I've been so busy with getting my Kyo shrine off the ground that I was only able to visit your Jessie & James shrine tonight! O_O Wah! Totally worth the wait though, I had a lot of fun reading through the content. I think my favourite part is the gender/sexuality section, you've got some really well thought-out ideas there. :3

I actually just had fun going through everything there in general though. xD I haven't watched Pokemon in a while and this totally brought back memories. I could just hear their voices in my head while reading their speech on the side! XD Kinda makes me wanna go back and watch a bunch of episodes for fun! <3<3 Thanks for your hard work! :D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

wolfrun wrote:I've been so busy with getting my Kyo shrine off the ground that I was only able to visit your Jessie & James shrine tonight! O_O Wah! Totally worth the wait though, I had a lot of fun reading through the content. I think my favourite part is the gender/sexuality section, you've got some really well thought-out ideas there. :3

I actually just had fun going through everything there in general though. xD I haven't watched Pokemon in a while and this totally brought back memories. I could just hear their voices in my head while reading their speech on the side! XD Kinda makes me wanna go back and watch a bunch of episodes for fun! <3<3 Thanks for your hard work! :D
Thank you!! :D Glad you enjoyed the site and its trip down Memory Lane! :D
withinmyworld.org