Drakengard 3: Two and Cent

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Lethe

Re: Drakengard 3: Two and Cent

Post by Lethe »

I'm not familiar with the Drakengard series and don't think I'll ever play it due to the gameplay not appealing to me, but I've read bits about it here and there since it has ties to Nier (which I also didn't play, but watched an extensive analytical let's play of)! Also, that gorgeous art.

I AM ABSOLUTELY SMITTEN WITH YOUR LAYOUT OMG ALL OF IT ASDJLAJKLD but especially the changing quotes to the right. And the dialogue fields including the icons. And the navigation. And the colours. And everything. Yeah, nvm the "especially".

I like the "end" page the most, and although I can't speak as someone who has played the game, I really liked the passages where you compared this couple to other Intoner/Disciple pairs, and all the instances in which you brought up Two's Angel and what it might represent!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Andrea

Re: Drakengard 3: Two and Cent

Post by Andrea »

This is so lovely! I've never played the Drakengard games before, but your shrine left me feeling emotional after reading it. The artwork you used is gorgeous, too. Although I may not have a chance to play any of the games, I'll definitely check out the concept art for them!

The layout is beautiful! I love the textures you used and how you implemented them in the design. The navigation is wonderful; it's poetic and really suitable for a small relationship shrine like this! The quotes you used adjacent to the navigation are also fantastic, and I love how they changed from section to section. They complemented the pages really well! In addition, I like how you presented your quotes in the content. Those small profile pictures are adorable.

All the content is well-written! The introduction to the characters was a great read, and it's nice to get to know them as individuals rather than as a couple. "Lovers," "Fools" and "Promises," these pages are just... I—UGH. They explored the dynamics of their relationship so well and were so enjoyable to read—even though I knew how their relationship would inevitably end. I really liked how you described their relationship as being the "most harmonious" yet also noted that their strong bond was ultimately their downfall.

Again, I haven't played the game, but just the nature of their relationship is so beautiful; after reading your shrine, I can honestly say I'm a fan of them now. I'm a hopeless romantic—and tragic romances? They destroy me... /weeps quietly

Really excellent work! :star: :heart: :heart:

You might say that I put in my . . . two cents.
HAHAHAHA, omg.