Coordinating Partnered Shrines

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Lethe

Coordinating Partnered Shrines

Post by Lethe »

When you decide to make separate shrines for the two halves of a duo (not just as part of the Dynamic Duos Challenge), or when you team up with someone to shrine a duo, how far do you take coordinating shrine content?

Examples: similar shrine names, partner layouts, similar navigation set-up, some "shared" pages across the shrines (whether analysis or entertainment; the shrines at Genki Justice Party have really adorable shared media/fun pages!), pages that complement each other

Do you just do your own thing as you would with other shrines, or would you consider/enjoy coordinating these to further emphasize that two shrines belong together? Does it make a difference whether you're shrining on your own or are shrining with someone else?

If you've got examples of existing shrines with these aspects, I'd love to see them! :star:
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Mikari

Re: Coordinating Partnered Shrines

Post by Mikari »

For the Genki Justice Party it all came very naturally. Neo, Snow and Cherri started, then they got me into Ronin Warriors and I ended up joining, That's 4 out of 5 main characters, so we decided to make Cye together so he wouldn't be left out. We did communicate a lot through twitter, hence the hashtag, we threw ideas around and shared. Then it all kind of happened. XD

There wasn't as much planning for the Evolution other than the timing and link exchanges, plus we all had a different eeveelution. I actually joined this one a bit later too and the site is now archived: Electric.

There was also the Valentine's Date Challenge, which I don't think had a hub page. The topic was otome boys. I made a one page for Saito from Hakuoki: Timeless Samurai. In this one we also kind of did our own thing.

I guess it depends on how similar the topics are and if we happen to fall into a conversation that leads to exchanging and adopting ideas, which out of all of these happened most often with Genki Justice Party since we talking about it on twitter so often.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I've never really had a partner or group web project in real life, but I love the idea of partner layouts and similar word cadence in the site title. Shared/collaborative pages also draws my attention.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Thanks for the insight, Mikari! lol I didn't that one of those shrines was a combined effort, sounds fun! I wouldn't have thought that you communicated mainly over Twitter for the project though, so now I understand the hashtag. XD

Also surprising to hear that at least for the projects mentioned, the coordination happened spontaneously depending on whether or not people started chatting about things!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Laura

Post by Laura »

I think, personally, if it was really a duo that completed each other, I would make it one site like I did with my Uranus/Neptune shrine. :3 It's a relationship shrine but I cannot imagine one without the other! So when I redesigned it, I wanted to create a layout that would reflect this. Basically, the layout is either single column. The double column has the same content on both sides, but one is catered to Uranus and the second to Neptune so that they reflect each other. The single column is for content that caters to both of them, like details about their relationship together. :3

If I were going to do another duo, romantic or not, I'd probably take the same approach. I'm not sure I'd want to partner up with someone else to do half and half... it sounds like it'd be fun, but my schedule is pretty hectic and I'd feel too pressured to get stuff done faster, which would just kill my desire to work. xD;; If I did, I think coordination would be kind of nice, to really show that they are partnered sites!
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

I've always really liked the idea of sites having "partner layouts" where it's immediately evident that those sites are somehow connected/linked to each other! :3 I think it would be neat to incorporate partnership in different areas if possible, too, for instance by using the same type of structure and subjects mentioned on the sites. I've never done a site project with someone else, but if I did, I think I would enjoy coordinating with the other person on how to create both of the sites -- for me it would just give it that little bit of extra to distinguish it from two separate shrines to the same characters. :>
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I participated in making group sites before my first marathon or partner site. Snow and I had a Zombie Loan site called Black Ring, which is now archived. Long before that, when Geocities was a thing, Snow, Cherri and I had a Yugioh site where Snow focused on Yugi, Cherri on Bakura and I posted Seto content. We've also written fanfics, mostly Final Fantasy VII, that have connections to each other's stories. We've also made sites with multiple skins so that everyone can make layout and they're all available: Candy Lipstick.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Mikari: Hey by chance do you remember the name of the Yu-Gi-Oh! site y'all ran? I was big into Yu-Gi-Oh! back in 2003-2007 (made my first site about it) and might remember visiting it, lol
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

... <.< ... >.> ... ... ...

Captured Bishonen

XD
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

XD! I think I do remember visiting it maybe once or twice--I ran a general series Yu-Gi-Oh! fansite called Transcendence.

[back on-topic]
Another thing I love to see with coordinated partner shrines is matching content sections where story events are analyzed from each character's perspective. (if that makes any sense LOL)
withinmyworld.org