Topic Choices~!

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Destinie

Topic Choices~!

Post by Destinie »

Let's have a fun event-related discussion and talk about our topic choices! What made you pick your current topic? Was it something you were planning for a while or planning with a friend? Did you have other ideas you wanted to do but didn't settle on?

Mine was a little spur of the moment, to be honest. I really wanted to do one but I didn't have any burning desires until one day it hit me. Bam! :)

I would have loved to do a joint shrine with someone but I didn't have any good ideas. ^^;
Crystal

Re: Topic Choices~!

Post by Crystal »

I have a bit of a story with this actually. Basically ever since I was rejected for Chrom and Lucina's fanlistings I decided I wanted to make shrines for them (I'm still bitter about the whole being rejected thing but oh well). I originally wanted to shrine Chrom first but when everyone wanted to see a Lucina shrine I did her instead. Chrom fell to the wayside for a while and was almost dropped but when I found myself messing around with a layout I made last year I wanted to work on his shrine again and I thought pairing this two together would be perfect. So here we are!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I've been a fan of Jessie and James from Pokemon pretty much ever since I started watching Pokemon wayyyyyy back in 1997. I loved the dynamic between the two of them (fighting like a married couple/depending on each other/trusting each other above all others), and it didn't take me long to become a hardcore Rocketshipper. But for some reason, I never created a shrine for them--I think it was because by the time I started making websites, I'd been out of the Pokemon fandom for a while.

Anyhoo, when the idea for Dynamic Duos started getting kicked around, I immediately thought of my favorite bumbling villains, but I wasn't sure if I could do the shrine properly, having been away from the source material for so long. Then I found the first two seasons on Netflix annnnnnnd bam I have like 60% of the shrine done already. XD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Well I made a shrine to Sparda, and shrines to Dante and Vergil are being made (a shrine to their relationship was my first idea), soooo, Eva!

I'll also be making matching layouts for Sparda's shrine and Eva's. Because I am hopeless and they are my first DMC OTP.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I have a Lelouch shrine sooooo I felt like it's necessary to have C.C. shrine to go with it. I have had a C.C. site planned since I started making the Lelouch one. I do have some notes and plans made up for it already, from my last Code Geass rewatch for the Lelouch site. Because it's something I've had in my mind for a while, I haven't considered any other possibilities.

A joint project would be super fun to do with someone! But I also had zero ideas for that.
a spoony bard
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I've wanted to shrine Dante for awhile now, Camy found out and she has wanted to shrine Vergil. So she asked if I wanted to do this shrine project with her. I agreed because then WE ARE TWINNING! I had no idea Nyx wanted to shrine the relationship for the twins. (Which I think she should totally still do.)
;o; *** pew! pew!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

:D

I am currently diving deep into a burnout and depressive episode, so my DMC shrines sadly are on hold, but please do make the BEST shrines to the boys, Cherri and Camy!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Possibly this is what will happen:

"Cherri, Camy, and Nyx use Double Shrine Attack! It's super effective!!"
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Anise

Post by Anise »

I chose mine my thinking really hard about current shrines and realizing there was no shrine I wanted to do to match. Then I remembered I wanted to do a shrine to Clint Barton because he's my favorite. Then I realized that Kate Bishop needed a shrine just as much and therefore I should do both together.
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

OMG Jessie and James! That's awesome! Rocketshippers! *fistbump*

There can never be too many Dante shrines ;)