Relationship Shrine Topics?

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Relationship Shrine Topics?

Post by Robin »

Just curious--why not include a page where you talk about each character individually? It could be interesting to see what each character brings to the relationship. (You could even do shorter blurbs about each character on a single page, and then keep the rest of the shrine about them as a couple.)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Todd

Post by Todd »

I do like Robin's idea... Talk about one character, and how the relationship affects him or her, and then talk about the other character and how the relationship affects him or her. There are likely to be similarities, but overall, I bet each is something different to the other.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Medli wrote:Hmm. I never thought about that. I was trying to avoid topics regarding to if the c haracter had other relationships before the main relationship. Should I could that?
Are you revamping your InuYasha & Kagome shrine?! If so... I do think that you should include information on Kikyou, because InuYasha's lack of trust for Kikyou and hers for him is why their relationship failed. InuYasha now has a trusting relationship with Kagome, and he has learned from his past mistake. Kagome also learns to understand that Kikyou is important to InuYasha as well, and thats SUPER mature of her, especially coming from a teenaged girl... or any girl really. Just a thought specific to that shrine! <3

I think that you could also point out growing points in relationship shrines. For example, (http://like-knives.org/nxk/timeline_index.php) I created a timeline of important events and described them. This site is kind of old and I think that if I revamp it, I'll add specifics as to why each part is important to their relationship. Add more of an analysis rather than just stating what happened.

For my Miroku and Sango tribute that is upcoming, I am going to describe the individual pains each has to deal with and how they support each other through it. I am also going to talk about pervert vs. faithful, how opposites attract. Etc.

These are just some ideas that you can maybe put into perspective for your relationship tributes! Hope that helps. :)
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I think it would be good to think about what you want to say. It might be neat to think about why you like their relationship and talk a little bit about that. Everyone else has already brought up some great ideas about timelines or talking about them individually. I have some more abstract prompts that might help:

- How do other characters see their relationship? What is the reaction around them? If there isn't any evidence in the canon, what would you think other character's reactions would be? How are they influenced by them?

- How does the relationship impact the overall plot of the story? Does it? If it doesn't then how do you feel it is relevant?

- Why would someone new to the story want to be invested in the character's relationship? What is the driving force? What makes this relationship so great/interesting/etc?

- What is special about their relationship TO YOU? I'd be interested in reading a lot of your thoughts about how it's important to you and the impact it has made (if any).
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Haha I felt kind of creepy asking about it, but I definitely would love to see what you do with it! If you have any other questions on it you can always feel free to let me know! I'm about to be working on my Miroku and Sango tribute once I finish my current project, so I'll be in the IY swing! (Also, we should affiliate shrines... I have one to Kagura and one to Kirara out right now! :p)

I like your ideas as well Destinie! I need to do some of those things on my Miroku and Sango tribute coming up :)
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Megan wrote:I like your ideas as well Destinie! I need to do some of those things on my Miroku and Sango tribute coming up :)
Hehehe Yaaay! :D Can't wait to see!

Now I just need to brainstorm ideas for a non-romantic relationship site. >_>
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

I feel like for both friendships and relationships, its also important to note that people don't have to spend time with anyone, but we pick and choose the ones we love and want in our lives, both friend-wise and relationship-wise. So maybe that can even be an idea, why they chose to spend their time with this one person instead of anyone else in the world!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Megan wrote:I feel like for both friendships and relationships, its also important to note that people don't have to spend time with anyone, but we pick and choose the ones we love and want in our lives, both friend-wise and relationship-wise. So maybe that can even be an idea, why they chose to spend their time with this one person instead of anyone else in the world!
T H I S ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Excellent idea!! :D Much more realistic and helps frame the relationship so that people who might not be familiar with the series/characters can understand it!
withinmyworld.org
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I have a couple of relationship shrines planned myself, so hopefully I can give you some help! But everyone had super cool ideas too!

When I make a relationship shrine, I often make it a shrine to both characters too. I usually love both the characters and their relationship if they're one of my OTPs and I like going in-depth on the characters as just characters first, so even those unfamiliar with the series can understand who the characters are and why I love them together. So for the characters themselves, I'll treat them as a one-character shrine - I'll put all the info you might find in one, including their relationship with other characters.

In the couple section, I will put sections such as: a) a general look on the relationship, b) how their love story evolves, c) moments they share in the series, d) evidence to support the pairing, e) defending the pairing from haters and giving counterarguments for popular reasons why they shouldn't be together, f) a look on other pairings vs my OTP (so, in your case, that could be a look at Inuyasha/Kikyou vs Inuyasha/Kagome, or Inuyasha/Kagome vs Kagome/Kouga), and then whatever else I think would be fun to add (for example, I often have a "Lyrics" section where I list some songs that fit the character/OTP, because I'm just that kind of fangirl).

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about the media section, as I find nowadays finding images or even taking your own screenshots is dead easy compared to the past (i.e. 90's-00's) - in the media section I would put something harder to find and that you made yourself, like icons, wallpapers, etc.

Hopefully this was helpful! I love InuKag, so I really look forward to your shrine! :D (And this post has made me want to work on my couple shrines too, haha!)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Since Dynamic Duos is well underway now, I'd like to revive this topic with a slightly modified question:

Which essays/pages do you like to see in relationship shrines?

When you browse a relationship shrine, which are your favorite articles to read? Which are your favorite to create when you're putting together a shrine?
withinmyworld.org