Waterbound (Nanase Haruka) & Easy Breezy (Tachibana Makoto)

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Mikari

Re: Waterbound (Nanase Haruka) & Easy Breezy (Tachibana Mako

Post by Mikari »

@Lethe: lol! I totally thought you did that effect on purpose XD it looks like flowing water!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I'm still working my way through both the shrines but I wanted to say congratulations on getting them up!

Lethe: I think how you combined the topic of Autism with Haru is incredibly powerful and I know I already told you what I think of this! ;)

Andrea: I think you highlighted some really interesting topics in your shrine and drawn connections I wouldn't have even thought of! I like the page where you talk about the backstroke and I didn't even think to consider that would be his style because he's afraid of water. I am learning SO MUCH. I can't wait to see what other things you have to write about. I love how it is clearly written and presented - not to mention your layout is so airy which ties into the title "Easy Breezy". I love it :)
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

@Megan A: I can't thank you enough for your support while I was working on this, from start to finish. ;___; (Not that it's really finished lol.) Your enthusiasm and friendship mean so much to me. :heart: :heart: I'm sure this layout and this shrine wouldn't be the same without all the long whining sessions on Discord lmao!

Thank you so much for your extensive feedback - it's great to know what exactly visitors like about a shrine, and thus what can be left as is! "(I will most likely say this on your next shrine plug too)" MY QT. :sob: :heart:

@Anise: Thank you for taking the time to check out my shrine, Anise! <3 I'm glad you like the subnavigations; I thought hard about how to design that part of the shrine. :music:

@Megan: Thanks so much for your enthusiasm, Megan! :D I hope you enjoy the silly aspects of Free! when you get around to watching the series. :star:

@Destinie: Ehehe thanks again for your wonderful feedback on my shrine - it made me very, very happy! :heart:
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

WOW. I'm so terribly late in responding to everyone, but just know that I'm really touched by all of your kind words and compliments, especially since my shrine (still) has yet to be completed. It really means a lot! :heart:

(ALSO, YEEESSS, LETHE'S HARU SHRINE IS SO EXCELLENT, OMG. I DIEEE. /FLAILS)

@Laura — Aaah, thank you so much for your lovely words! O-oh my goodness; I also almost drowned when I was younger, but have virtually no recollection of it except that my older sister saved me in the end apparently, haha. But I'm really glad you enjoyed reading "Vision"; although I struggled to write it, the best part was adding in all the lovely sky pictures! :heart:

@Kate — OH, YOU. Thank you so much for your sweet compliments, as always! I'm glad you enjoy the colors; it was fun to work with the various yellows and greens, hehe. I'm also happy that my shrine made you more curious about Makoto! ALSO GIVE ME THAT RIN SHRINE, YOU KNOW I NEED IT. :heart: :heart: :heart:

@Robin — Thank you so much! :heart: Honestly, the commentary section is probably just going to be bemoaning awkward writing/pacing and unnecessary drama, HA.

@Mikari — D'aw, thank you so much! I'm glad you like the layout; I had a lot of fun making it. :heart: :star:

@Megan A — YEEESSS, I'M SO HAPPY YOU LOVE MAKOTO, TOO. I'M SO HAPPY DO YOU KNOW HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES ME?! WE SHOULD MAKE TIME TO TALK MORE ABOUT MAKOTO. Ahem. Thank you so much for your amazing words! It makes me so delighted that you enjoyed the shrine so far, and I hope to add more soon! :heart:

Also, re: the contrasting layouts: LOL, OMG. WE DIDN'T, BUT ISN'T IT SO COOL THAT IT ENDED UP THAT WAY? Hehehe...

@Anise — Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the color scheme; I had a lot of fun working with the colors. Also, YOU SAW THE PUN. My work is done. :content:

@Megan — Aaaah, thank you so much, Megan! It means a lot coming from you! I'm really glad you checked out the shrines despite not being familiar with the series. :heart:
Megan wrote:ALSO I smiled at myself seeing the "Easy Breezy" button in yellow bc it made me think of "lemon squeezy" xD I KNOW THATS WEIRD BUT IDK HAD TO SHARE IT!
OMG, WTF. THIS IS SO CUTE. It shall be the layout version's official name now! :heart:

@Destinie — Thank you so much, Destinie! I'm glad the layout reflected the shrine name well—and that it gives you an "airy" feeling, aaah. Ugh, it makes me so happy. :heart:
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

Andrea, Lethe, I just want to say that both of your shrines are amazing and they got me to go check out Free! (And I have to say I really enjoyed it, even though I've only finished the first season of the anime.)

Andrea, I like how you analyze different elements closely related to Makoto, referencing both the anime and the light novels, but also giving your own thoughts as to why something is the way it is. It's also easy to follow your thoughts, so to me it's a very enjoyable read. I'm also really looking forward to the fear vs faint of heart page in the future.

Lethe, I like the angle you've chosen to take with Waterbound, and in turn, I learned things about Haruka and gained new knowledge about the autism spectrum that I probably wouldn't have given much thoughts to. It was a really eye-opening read for me, so I want to thank you for your shrine's existence, and for bringing forth such a human element to the character known as Nanase Haruka. Massive appreciation, massive respect.

Both of your shrines also compliment each other's very well in terms of design, and I can feel that a lot of thoughts went into them. I like how Waterbound is dark, giving me an underwater feel while Easy Breezy is light and airy. I think these design decisions made a lot of sense, since when I think of Haruka, I think of him as someone that would do a lot of thinking and brood over those thoughts internally, but the mask he puts on would be a more stoic one. On the other hand, I see Makoto as someone more laid-back (compared to Haruka anyway), although he does have his moments when he keeps things to himself, he tends to mask things with a smile. I don't know, I just love both of them.

Awesome awesome shrines, the both of you! :heart:
"Spread your wings in the stormy winds..."
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Oh wow, thank you so much for the kind and thoughtful feedback, Fiona! Especially that last part about our shrines complementing each other... Wow, that makes me appreciate both shrines even more (how is that even possible). ;_; IT'S JUST LIKE HOW MAKOTO AND HARU COMPLEMENT EACH OTHER............. /cries a puddle right here

I'm happy to hear that you picked up Free! due to these shrines - that's always such a big compliment. And omg you've got such a good grasp on the characters and have finished the first season already too!!! :star: :star: :star: :music: :music2: Hopefully the second season will be enjoyable as well when you get to it. <3

Thank you so much!! :D :D :D :heart: :heart: :star:
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.