Adrien Brody shrine

Planning to create or to revamp a shrine and need some help or a second eye with your content? Post away!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
FandomSavant

Adrien Brody shrine

Post by FandomSavant »

I want to make a shrine to the work of actor/producer/director, etc. Adrien Brody. I figured it would be a lot more focused than just dedicating it to the man in general. Also, I'm married, so I want to tread lightly and be specific in my adoration, ha ha.

-- The rest of this post was originally about a now-resolved decision, so I'll direct you to the replies below for my current questions. ha ha. ;-) --
Last edited by FandomSavant on Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
FandomSavant

Re: Opinions: which would you convert?

Post by FandomSavant »

I've decided to build up the fanlisting into a shrine
Last edited by FandomSavant on Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Lethe

Re: edited: Decisions about upcoming Adrien Brody shrine

Post by Lethe »

I'm a bit late to the topic, but glad to see you were able to make a decision! Are you going to have EveryBrodyMovie.com direct to the fanlisting/shrine then? :D

I definitely understand what you're saying about "formal" reviews not always being ideal depending on what it is that you want to convey and how you feel at a given moment. It'd be neat if you could use what you already have up at the review site for the shrine, or implement the articles somehow so that they don't "go to waste". :>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
FandomSavant

Re: edited: Decisions about upcoming Adrien Brody shrine

Post by FandomSavant »

Lethe wrote:I'm a bit late to the topic, but glad to see you were able to make a decision! Are you going to have EveryBrodyMovie.com direct to the fanlisting/shrine then? :D

I definitely understand what you're saying about "formal" reviews not always being ideal depending on what it is that you want to convey and how you feel at a given moment. It'd be neat if you could use what you already have up at the review site for the shrine, or implement the articles somehow so that they don't "go to waste". :>
Good idea! I'll have it redirect, or at least post a link there until the domain expires. ;-) Yeah, I'm totally planning to steal content from myself. Ha ha. I'd hate to just totally start over with nothing. I'll revamp it to be more "shriney," though. :)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant

Adrien Brody (again)

Post by FandomSavant »

You guys are going to be tired of my shrine before it ever opens! I'm sorry to be posting about it so much, I'm just a blend of excited and nervous and I can't contain it. ;)

I wanted to find out what people who aren't obsessed with him would like to see when they visit. Here are the ideas I have to far...

ADRIEN
* A "primer" of sorts for those unfamiliar with him (a basic bio, plus the highlights of his filmography)
* Why I'm a fan.
* How I became a fan (it was kind of a long process)
* Appearance and background (discussing his appearance, plus people always seem to be curious about his ethnicity, because he has such a unique look)-- Not sure if this page will happen, since I already addressed ethnicity in the bio.

HIS WORK
* Complete credits (all of his acting, production and directing credits)
* Wishlist (roles I'd love to see him play)
* The actor as a young man (how he got into acting, roles prior to adulthood)
* Playing real people (how the real story differs from the film, etc).
* Analysis of specific films (I hope to eventually get to all of them, but I'm probably going in themes - like with the childhood and real people ones)
* How winning the Oscar changed things (for better or for worse)

THE FANLISTING
* Where I'll stick the FL stuff (codes, join, members...)

MEDIA
* icons, journal mood theme, screen caps...

SITE
* about the title "Emotionally Evocative"
* technicals like what I create with, fonts used, etc.
* links

HOME
* obviously, sends you back to the index

I think that was all. I wrote down some specific films I want to tackle, but I already addressed that section, so I'll spare you my list. ;)
///

What do you think of these ideas? Is there something you'd like to see?
Last edited by FandomSavant on Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Adrien Brody (again)

Post by nyxmidnight »

I think it looks very interesting already, and looks like you'Ve got a very complete shrine on your hands already! I can't wait to see it online :D
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

nyxmidnight wrote:I think it looks very interesting already, and looks like you'Ve got a very complete shrine on your hands already! I can't wait to see it online :D
Thank you. :) Talking/writing about him is a joy.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Lethe

Post by Lethe »

No worries about posting so much, Amassment is here to get everyone excited about each other's shrines! 8D

I agree that looks very solid already - I'm looking forward to the personal bits like "how I became a fan" and "wishlist" haha. "Playing real people" sounds really interesting! If it's not already part of any of the pages you've mentioned, I'd also like to see a list of your favourite roles along with explanations. Or maybe moments of really good acting that stand out to you?

By the way, I'll be merging this topic with your previous topic on the same subject, since we have a "one topic per site" rule in this part of the forum. Feel free to edit the first post of the old topic with the first post of this topic if you'd prefer to have the information at the top. :>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Lethe wrote:No worries about posting so much, Amassment is here to get everyone excited about each other's shrines! 8D

I agree that looks very solid already - I'm looking forward to the personal bits like "how I became a fan" and "wishlist" haha. "Playing real people" sounds really interesting! If it's not already part of any of the pages you've mentioned, I'd also like to see a list of your favourite roles along with explanations. Or maybe moments of really good acting that stand out to you?

By the way, I'll be merging this topic with your previous topic on the same subject, since we have a "one topic per site" rule in this part of the forum. Feel free to edit the first post of the old topic with the first post of this topic if you'd prefer to have the information at the top. :>

Thanks for merging, I totally forgot that rule, I'm sorry.

I really like your suggestions, thank you! I think I'll make some clips (or at least screenshots) of his moments of genius. ;)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Laura

Re: Adrien Brody shrine

Post by Laura »

Oooooh, I love the content you have planned out!! That's a lot more to a single actor than I would have been able to think up myself. :D How you became a fan is a pretty cool idea and although I'm not a huge fan of award shows, I'm really interested in reading that bit about how things change after the Oscar award. :O