Radiant Dawn (Yrel)

Planning to create or to revamp a shrine and need some help or a second eye with your content? Post away!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Crystal

Re: Radiant Dawn (Yrel)

Post by Crystal »

1.) I like this idea. I'm not sure how to explain it so I'll have to do lots of thinking lol.

2.) I've been wondering this too. She wears quite a bit of purple armor so it has me wondering if there is any symbolism in it. I'm going to have to do some digging.

3.) That's not something I thought about. I have no idea so I should look at that page you linked me and investigate with what I think.

4.) I think I might have explained that in some sections, but a more in-depth section wouldn't be a bad idea.

My Joan of Arc page feels really super weak so any suggestions for it to help make it better would be amazing (I've been considering dropping it just because I don't like it). The idea of subheadings I think would help a lot with that. I tend to prefer not doing a sort of further reading bit on my sites but it might help with the Joan of Arc thing. Not everyone is going to know who she is (I didn't even really know all that much about her until I went looking myself).
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I can tell the Joan of Arc article wasn't your favorite article to write--the writing style changes quite a bit from the knowledgeable tone of the rest of the site. (It's like me writing about anything math-oriented, xD--you're brave to do an article about a subject you have trouble with!)

The research you have so far pulls primarily from the Wikipedia article, it looks like. The Wiki article is surprisingly dry, though, and that may have made this article harder to put together. I looked up a few meatier, tastier articles that might make your summary of her life easier and more interesting to write about. Could make the comparison between Joan of Arc and Yrel easier, too! ^_^

Additionally, if you'd like me to help edit/polish what you have, I'd be glad to do what I can :) Joan of Arc was one of my favorite historical figures growing up, so I know a good bit about her.

Historical articles:
Joan of Arc @ Biography.com (with videos)
Joan of Arc @ History.com
7 Things You Didn't Know about Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc Biography @ Joan-of-Arc.org Archive
Saint Joan of Arc info @ Catholic.org
Charles VII info @ Wikipedia
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

It really wasn't. I had zero idea what to do for the comparison so I just wrote a few things I thought worked, but in the end it really didn't. Some help would be nice. Blizzard has talked about Yrel being a Joan of Arc character and I want to figure out why they think that is.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Let's see...I can assemble a "report" on Joan of Arc from what I know and have found on her life and accomplishments. Then you could easily read and rephrase it however you need to, and from there your comparisons should flow pretty smoothly :)
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

If it's not too much trouble I'd appreciate it! I suck at this.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

It's all good! Anything to help a fellow shrine-maker ^_^
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you Robin! <3