Plans for a Particularly Perfect Princess Peach Shrine

Planning to create or to revamp a shrine and need some help or a second eye with your content? Post away!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

Plans for a Particularly Perfect Princess Peach Shrine

Post by Robin »

/mad alliteration

I mentioned on Todd's "Shrining Out of Your Element" thread that I would love to do a Princess Peach shrine, but I was afraid of messing it up. That got me thinking, though...what WOULD I put on a Princess Peach shrine??

Here's what I've brainstormed thus far:
- major game appearances (and minor cameos, if any)
- little-known lore about her character, family, etc.
- pictorial article about how her appearance has changed over the years
- why Peach? :D
- LOTS OF PICS. OH SO MANY.

What do y'all think?
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Re: Plans for a Particularly Perfect Princess Peach Shrine

Post by Mikari »

This sounds awesome :D

Though it is complete enough with what you have, if you're looking for more section ideas, you could compare her to Daisy, Pauline and Rosalina.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Oooo that's a great idea, Mikari! (I don't know a lot about Rosalina because Super Mario Galaxy made me want to Hulk Smash things, but I can definitely research :D)
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I think it would be interesting to see Peach compared to other princesses in other media as well. I also think it would be neat to talk about the Damsel in Distress trope and how she fits into it, or maybe how she even defies it, talk about her role as a key female character in the mario series, and her history from how her role has changed over the years from her first appearance in Donkey Kong and to her being more of a playable character. (I'm thinking of Mario Bros. 2 and SSB.)

Would love to see it when you're done :>
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Destinie: Oh yes, I sorta forgot about the "essay" section! *smacks self* Bad English major! Bad! xD

Part of that will figure into how her appearance has changed over time, and part of that will probably need to be its own separate section. (And I shall definitely wax poetic about how she's not your typical Damsel in Distress--see Paper Mario series and her "Mission Impossible"-style missions :D)

(Super Mario Bros. 2 was my first exposure to Princess Peach, so that will definitely factor heavily into early memories of the character. I was sold from the minute I saw how she could hover above enemies ^o^)
withinmyworld.org
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I'm not super familiar with her, so I don't know how helpful I can be, but.. what about discussing her name? The whole "Peach or Toadstool or Peach Toadstool" thing. That's something I always got confused by, though I understand the name differences better now. This is just my opinion, of course, but I think that would be something interesting to talk about. :)

At any rate, it looks like you have some awesome stuff thought up already!
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Sarah: Oh yeahhh the early games talking about her as "Princess Toadstool", versus now where she is "Princess Peach" or just "Peach". That'd be a good idea for an article!! :D
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I tend to call her Peach Toadstool as in firstname lastname, though I heard she was Peach and Toadstool was the English name, which was later changed to Peach as well. Maybe you can talk about her different hair colors, I've seen her as a redhead before. Her character might have evolved from Pauline aka Lady before they became separate characters, I think.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Mikari: yeah, her appearance has DEFINITELY changed over the years! She went from being short and redheaded to taller than Mario (on-screen) and blonde! LOL!

The Pauline connection you mentioned will be important as well--lots of research ahead in that department ^_^
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Hehe I suggest that because I am a huge fan in reading theories in gaming. xD

@Sarah I completely always forget about her name change! Good call~