Your websites folder: divine or disaster?

Discuss anything concerning websites that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Forum rules
General Site Discussion is for website discussion that doesn't seem to fit under any of the other forums in this category. Shrine Discussions covers discussions about shrine content, Graphics and Coding covers anything visual and code-related of site-making.
Saya

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:49 pm

Yup o/
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.

Bobbi

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:59 pm

Mine is a literal disaster.

I have files dating back to 2001, some even earlier saved. I've changed computers dozens and dozens of times, closed sites, moved hosts, changed domains. whatever. I have full site backups saved in one place and layout files in other places. Just trying to get screencaps of old layouts is a pain and a nightmare.

It doesn't help that anything I'm currently working on is on fifty different folders on my desktop. lol.

Janna

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Honestly? *looks at folder* I think this is the most organized I've EVER been with something xD
I have a folder for my website stuff ("/web"), inside I just have folders with the name of the subject I'm making the site about. If the folder is for my fanlisting collective, it's called "/fanlistings" haha and so on. I also have folders for scripts and other random stuff that should have it's own place but, you know, could be worse :eyes:

isavarg

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:13 pm

Mine tend to start out nice and organized, but eventually become a big mess as I try things which I then abandon (mainly site software that I end up installing because I don't like it.) At least the one for my rp forum now is organized but it's relatively new, so it may end up becoming very chaotic at some point. The downloads folder on my computer is a nightmare for finding stuff.

Medli

Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Mine is pretty much a mess right now. My desktop has my folders into Domain, Shrines, Aftermath, Writing, etc, but I also sync it up with Dropbox so I can work on my Laptop. My Laptop is another thing and my domain itself is a whole nother story. Too much of a mess everywhere.
open the door and let your imagination soar.

• Information